Let's find out where you can grow your career
Contract Commercial Manager (Engineering / French Speaking / Contractor / Construction) – West Africa
Our client an International construction and integrated remote services company is looking for an experienced Contracts / Commercial Manager with a building contractor background to join their new project in West Africa.
- Review & respond to the contractual letters from Clients / Suppliers / Sub Contractors.
- Timely notifications of variations / delays / disruptions
- Assessing contractual and commercial risk
- Managing sub-contractors and control in-country procurement process
- Manage all in-country procurement
- Commercial control from project award to final accounts
- Accelerating progress of works and maintaining good client/contractor relationships with regular visits to the work sites, allowing for early diffusion of tension and identification of potential risks.
- Refocusing the record keeping of supporting documentation for potential future claims, variations, and terminations, protecting and strengthening company position.
- Slashing project costs by continually finding new ways & technologies to improve quality of deliverables and improving on existing work methods.
- Controlling company finances, including approvals of daily orders and monitoring of spending in all departments, sustaining company profitability
- Producing accurate and profitable cost estimates by implementing effective Make-or-Buy Analysis techniques and concise enquiry packages/RFPs.
- To follow and promote health & safety within the work environment according to company policy
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering and 12+ years demonstrable experience in Quantity Surveying and Contract Administration
- At least five (5) years' experience in design and build project
- Experience in Healthcare industry across multiple remote sites concurrently desirable but not mandatory
- Experience in Modular and PEB / Warehouse Building industry desirable but not mandatory
- French speaker
- Confident communicator (written and verbal) in English & French
- Proficient IT skills including MS Excel, Word and comfortable with numerical reasoning
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate Benefits