CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2019-10-07T15:13:12+00:00
Reference Number: RSB
Reference Number: RSB
An international, non – profit organization is currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to fill a 3 – month contract role. They will be based at the Head office in Durban. This individual will be responsible for managing the overall human resource portfolio for the South Africa country office in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance with South Africa and other office policies. The HR Manager will be a lead member of the South Africa Senior Management Team and support the administration of country operations in close coordination with the operations, finance, and program units. This position reports to the Country Director and is responsible for providing support to the office and activities across South Africa, as well as intermittent support to other organization offices in Southern Africa, as assigned.
- Develop and ensure implementation of HR policies, procedures and guidelines on issues such as performance management, salaries and benefits, working relations, disciplinary procedures and professional development.
- Learn and oversee the organization online portal system used to manage performance evaluations, timesheets and staff records; ensure accounts are kept up to date, and that records are maintained up to standard.
- Guide supervisors on the development of job descriptions (JD) for all staff and ensure that the JDs are kept up to date.
- Lead the process of recruitment, placement, and onboarding of skilled employees for South Africa office; including consultants and seconded staff and prepare their contracts and packages.
- Develop orientation schedules and work with relevant supervisors on the orientation of new staff.
- Establish and maintain complete and accurate personnel files.
- Advise the program staff on salary and benefits to ensure that South Africa office is competitive in the NGO sector and pay scales are periodically reviewed in accordance with organizational HR policy.
- Liaise with Organisation’s medical aid and retirement fund provider and manage applications with the provider to ensure employees are enrolled and payments are made on time each month.
- Develop a staff development plan in consultation with technical leadership at the South Africa office to ensure continuous learning and development of staff, as well as addressing gaps in performance and skill.
- Oversee that staff and supervisors develop 90-day and annual objectives on time and that reviews are done accordingly; guiding on that process where necessary.
- Maintain staff knowledge of all organisation workplace policies and facilitate compliance through refresher trainings.
- Listen to grievances and implement disciplinary procedures in line with organisational policy and South African laws.
- In collaboration with organisations South African leadership, plan and support morale activities for the team members.
- Administer leave, promotions, termination, and resignations of employees.
- Interpret and advise the Project Director on employment legislation and represent the organisation on labour relations issues, engaging local consultants as needed.
- Ensure adherence to labour law requirements including maintaining registrations, payment of levies and relevant reporting (BCEA, LRA, COIDA, EEA, OHSA, SDL etc.).
- Support and lead on disciplinary and grievance issues ensuring compliance to policies and local laws.
- Represent the organisation at the CCMA and other labour centres and /or courts for employee relations issues as assigned.
- Oversee locum and volunteer contracts, and coordinate with those staff members to ensure timesheets are submitted on time each month.
- Ensure all staff providing medical services have appropriate and up to date licenses and coordinate with organisations HQ to ensure malpractice insurance is maintained for all staff as required.
- Ensure expatriate staff and their dependents, along with the organisation’s travellers, obtain appropriate work visas and/or residence permits to be in South Africa.
- Coordinate with the organisations HQ to ensure all staff receive appropriate security orientations and manage the security plan for the South Africa office.
- Collaborate with FOD on the management and ordering of office supplies and stationery.
- Process payroll each month.
- Facilitate routine access to information technology services (phone and internet) including identifying and liaising with IT support providers.
- Liaise with Headquarters staff to ensure new staff are set-up with the organisation’s emails and accounts.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Professional Qualification in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- 9+ years' HR experience or advanced degree and 7+ years' HR experience.
- Proven understanding and familiarity with of Labour Laws of South Africa.
- Over 3 years’ experience handling discipline issues and representing the organization at the CCMA.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral communication (English required and a local language preferred).
- Ability to demonstrate strong time management and organization skills.
- Experience managing staff.
- Experience working in donor-funded NGOs and global organizations preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed, with possible but infrequent travel to international offices.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 3 – month Contract.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.