Reference No. 33 55 AM
Reference Number: 33 55 AM
Our client, an international mining house is seeking a Contract Administrator to manage all the contracts related to the expansion of the mine’s production capacity to ensure compliance of contractors with the signed contracts.
As the Contract Administrator you will be involved in the close-out of all construction packages through to the implementation of the contracts in support of engineering, mining, and finance department. The ideal incumbent is experienced in the discipline of multi discipline construction contracts including Civil & Earthworks, and EPCM contracts and can carry out the “Administration and close-out” work processes of all contracts (local and international) in accordance with the project requirements.
- Developing and maintain relationships with contractors.
- Supervising contract execution to ensure compliance with internal guidelines.
- Monitoring the implementation and performance of signed contracts.
- Maintaining, updating and improving contractual records.
- In liaison with procurement and technical teams and other project disciplines to obtain and verify technical bid documents to ensure that specifications are compatible commercial documentation to form a cohesive contract
- Liaise and participate in discussion with legal team to establish terms and condition suitable for the project
- Facilitating Contract award kick off meetings
- Ensuring proper control and methodology of contractual change notice to Contract revision, claims and/or back charges in accordance with appropriate terms and conditions
- Ensuring proper implementation of Progress Payment validation process in support to finance for payment approval
- Managing bonds/guarantees
- Ensuring that all contracts are closed out in accordance with project specific procedures / requirements.
- Conducts regular meetings with procurement and technical teams to discuss status quo and any issues related to contracts performance
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, legal, business, or related field or an MBA
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in contract administration in the mining or construction industry, business analysis or a related field, preferably from consulting background
- Experience in purchasing high dollar items and preparing complex Purchase Orders or Purchase Contracts
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Extensive experience in an EPCM project environment on capital projects, specifically for Civil & Earthworks packages, SMPP and EIC
- NEC and FIDIC experience
- Highly proficient negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written and advanced computer skills
- Willing to travel to site on a rotational basis
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Aimee Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.