Reference No. 104 08 22 VG
Reference Number: 104 08 22 VG
Our client, an international mining house, is seeking a Corporate ESG who will be responsible for providing leadership and management to meet the short-, medium- and long-term ESG goals of the company, the incumbent shall be a part of the Resources team reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. The ideal incumbent will be able to effortlessly interpret and integrate the group’s ESG data and implement standard reporting of the group’s ESG in accordance with global frameworks. Be at the forefront of knowledge on the ESG/sustainability in the mining industry and be the lead subject matter expert for internal and external ESG/sustainability-related needs.
- Establish a ESG committee, governance structure and associated terms of reference.
- Develop reporting to the Board on ESG initiatives and customer feedback
- Develop and drive implementation of a 5-year ESG strategy, roadmap and execution plan.
- Present to the Board all ESG matters
- Lead internal teams (including cross-functional teams) on ESG/sustainability.
- Be at the forefront of knowledge on the ESG/sustainability in the mining industry and be the lead subject matter expert for internal and external ESG/sustainability-related needs.
- Monitor emerging information and trends relating to global sustainability initiatives such as environmental and carbon legislation, renewable and efficiency incentives and reporting programs
- Drive implementation of strategic and tactical ESG priorities and projects for the company under the direction and instruction of the Board, including through partnering with external stakeholders and agencies.
- Define and drive key ESG initiatives; coordinate and provide strategic guidance to function- or business-led ESG initiatives.
- Establish clear and meaningful ESG targets for the company and develop performance metrics and data collection/management processes to track progress against these.
- Agree a budget for ESG/sustainability across the company and be accountable for delivery of value expectations associated with this.
- Support the company meet the requirements of international standards such as the Equator Principles and the IFC Performance Standards.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of ESG risk and opportunities, and incorporate into the risk strategy as required
- Develop and refine company policies, standards and guidelines related to ESG / sustainability.
- Develop environmental inventories, including data analysis, emission factor development and calculation methodology
- Engages with internal stakeholders and presenting regular sustainability reports and conduct sustainability assessments.
- Develop appropriate ESG and sustainability company disclosures e.g. annual sustainability/ESG report in line with international reporting frameworks (such as GRI and/or SASB).
- Engage with financial investors, customers, industry associations and other external stakeholders on ESG/sustainability issues and respond to requests for information from same.
- Develop approach and initiate engagement with the supply chain including communication of clear and accurate information about performance, practices, policies, and expectations regarding transparency, carbon reduction and sustainability performance
- Manage the due diligence on all business unit's Sustainability Policies
- Establish and implement an ESG/sustainability (including HSEC) assurance programme and conduct assessments/audits at the mine sites and materials processing facilities.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the Sciences, Social Sciences or Environmental
- Strong knowledge of ESG topics and experience in African mining industry
- Fluent in English and French
- Knowledge of and exposure to ASM challenges in African Mining.
- Regular travel to site in Africa and to HQ.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.