Corporate Finance/Property Finance Associate - (Microfinance / Financial Services) – Johannesburg
- Raising of both debt and equity funding; management of key investor information (including marketing and annual financial reports) and production of detailed information packs.
- Constant management of cash flow forecasts for the operating entities and projects as well as assessment of their ongoing funding needs to ensure the growth of our loan books and property investments, in both current and new jurisdictions.
- Preparation and presentation of detailed business plans/proposals to investors
- The management of other corporate finance activities including possible acquisitions, mergers and any other growth opportunities.
- Build relationships with new investors including banks and maintain and grow existing relationships.
- Keep accurate track of all funding requirements for the Group and provide the relevant reporting.
- Ensure that all investor information, including the operational, financial and marketing reports are up to date and accurately reflect the position of the group.
- Embark on regular “road shows” and investor presentations with the objective of raising funding.
- Manage the generation of all information required by prospective funders including the management of all due diligence requirements.
- Ensure that all relevant debt/equity covenants are adhered to and that the reporting is up to date.
- Provide accurate information relating to company and property evaluations for both investment opportunities and acquisitions.
- Provide insightful research into new acquisition opportunities including the provision of detailed investment proposals and business plans.
- Prepare valuations, cash flow forecasts and short-term operational reports for management on an ad hoc basis.
- A qualified Chartered Accountant is preferred.
- Alternatively, B.Com/ Bus. Sci/ CFA graduates with requisite experience will also be considered.
- The company will only look at candidates who have no less than 5 years working experience in Corporate Finance/Property Finance.
- Extensive experience in Capital Raising for both property related investment and loan book growth, financial modeling, valuations and transactions is essential.
- An excellent understanding of the investment and financing decisions of investors in real estate and financial markets is essential.
- A track record of “closing” deals is essential.
- Candidates with experience in real estate valuation, property management and real estate investments will be given preference.
- Work experience on the African continent (outside of South Africa) will be highly advantageous.
- An excellent command of English, both written and verbal, is a requirement of the role.