Cost Controller (Oil / Gas / Upstream / Drilling / Finance / E&P)
In liaison with COMPANY’s Technical Entities, SERVICES participate in the processes of purchasing and expediting Goods or Services at the request Quality, in due Time and at the best Price/Cost.
- Collect data/information for annual budget / AFE for entity in conjunction with technical responsible and budget owners
- Follow up of running & technical costs. propose revised forecast information based on latest work scope
- Ad hoc budget and variance realization variance analysis for management/HQ
- Verify all invoices to ensure timely payment (PO/Contract, Request for Services, Tariff, realization of service, etc.) & update budgets
- Prepare all necessary documentation for the month for the month end closure (accrual’s, SKF’s, etc.)
- Prepare monthly cost report with variance analysis to help technical responsible manager with their budgets/costs
- Prepare monthly management report in conjunction with HQ
- Liaison with stock control / logistics team to ensure that stock received, transferred to site and returned stock are well integrated in accounting in order to ascertain the actual well costs
- Review of commitments created to ensure accuracy of cost objects, contract amounts, currency split.
- Maintain records and processes to track advance payments to all contractors & vendors
- Liaison with technical teams (Drilling, Logistics, Exploration, Operations, etc.) for better understanding & follow up of allocated costs & cost re-invoicing
- Any other duties as may be delegated
- Accuracy of analysis and reports to aid planning and decision making
- Adherence to company payment periods, timely processing of invoices.
- Integrity of data/information maintained in databases
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- B Com Accounting or Business Management.
- Professional qualification / taxation experiences an advantage
- Good knowledge of oil and gas contracts & legislations e.g. JOA, tax laws etc
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Good knowledge of SAP and or other accounting packages.
- Good organisational ability, Interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- An attitude of diligence, discretion and integrity are also necessary