Country Coordinator (Contract / Public Relations / International Relations) – Burkina Faso
A well-known nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization is looking to hire a Country Coordinator based in Burkina Faso. The nonprofit provides technical assistance in the areas of political party strengthening, developing civic institutions and open elections, promoting democratic governance, and advancing the rule of law.
The nonprofit will employ one Country Coordinator in Burkina Faso who will be primarily responsible for managing Burkina Faso-focused projects and in-country activities, maintaining strong relationships with key political and ministerial decision makers as well as beneficiaries.
The Coordinator will work under the supervision of the nonprofit’s Program Director and Resident Program Officer in Mali.
- The Coordinator will specifically provide coordination between the nonprofit’s project activities and the CENI’s work both at the national and subnational level.
- The Coordinator will also serve as a key point of contact and coordinator for the nonprofit’s three short-term assessors deployed in Burkina Faso’s target regions and with domestic civil society organizations, local peacebuilding organizations, and government ministries. These ministries include but are not limited to, the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Decentralization. This is done to ensure continuous buy-in from these domestic stakeholders and facilitate project implementation.
- The Coordinator will lead, participate in, and report on the nonprofit’s activities. In this capacity, the Coordinator will take a significant role in providing logistical arrangements, identifying potential problems, and providing relevant solutions to prevent activity delays. Along with ensuring relevant and necessary follow-up for monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) purposes. The Coordinator will also be required to travel in the project’s target regions for activity implementation upon the nonprofits request.
- The Coordinator will ensure the timely, complete, and accurate submission of deliverables from government and civil society partners and will liaise with the nonprofit’s staff (including the Program Director, Resident Program Officer, and MEL Specialist) to approve such deliverables.
- The Coordinator will contribute observations and analysis to program reports and external communications materials, when necessary, to ensure robust programmatic deliverables.
- The Coordinator will attend and report on non-project-related events or discussions that may take place in the country and are relevant to the project and nonprofit’s overall strategy in the country and region.
- The Coordinator will submit bi-monthly reports to the nonprofit that include updates on activity progress and thorough analysis on political, social, and security-related issues in the country of assignment and the target communities.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with marginalized populations, preferably in Burkina Faso’s Nord, Est, and Sahel regions of the country.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant professional work experience in Sahelian and West African littoral countries at the local, national, and/or international levels implementing programming in the field of democracy, governance, peace building, elections, and/or countering violent extremism (CVE).
- Master’s Degree in international relations, law, political science, or related subject.
- Availability to commit for an approximative 16-month duration.
- Legal authorization to work in Burkina Faso is required.
- Excellent knowledge of Burkina Faso’s recent and current political, social, and electoral situation and landscape.
- Complete fluency (native or advanced professional level) in written and spoken English and French. Candidates with fluent French and intermediate English will be considered.
- Established relationships with national government and civil society stakeholders on issues of peace building, governance, elections, and CVE in Burkina Faso.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a sensitive political environment and to adapt to rapid project implementation.
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communications skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuasive manner.
- Analytical skills for interpreting complex program and political issues.
- Contract runs from date of signature to January 31, 2022