Let's find out where you can grow your career
Country Coordinator (international relations, regional management, public relations) – Côte d’Ivoire
My client is recruiting a Country Coordinator. The company is a well-established non-profit organisation who is dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide. The country coordinator will be managing Côte d’Ivoires in-country activities and maintaining strong relationships with key political and ministerial decision makers and with all the company’s beneficiaries. You will work under the supervision of the Program Director and the Resident Program Officer in Mali therefore you will serve as the company’s main focal point with their domestic stakeholders in the Côte d’Ivoire region.
- The coordinator will liaise, engage, and maintain contact with civil society organizations, government agencies, local and national government focal points to facilitate the implementation of this project and ensure buy-in and continuous engagement of those stakeholders.
- The coordinator will take a significant role in activity implementation, providing logistical arrangements, identifying local service providers, identifying potential problems and providing relevant solutions to prevent activity delays.
- Ensure the timely, complete, and accurate submission of deliverables from government and civil society partners and will liaise with the staff
- Contribute observations and analysis to program reports and external communications materials, when necessary, to ensure robust programmatic deliverables.
- Attend and, for some of them, lead project’s activities at the national and sub-national levels and, when necessary, in neighboring countries, and will report on it.
- The Coordinator will attend and report on non-project-related events or discussions that may take place in the country of assignment and that will be relevant to the project and the company’s overall strategy in the country and region.
- Submit bi-monthly reports that include updates on activity progress and thorough analysis on political, social, and security-related issues in the country of assignment and the target communities.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master’s Degree in international relations, law, political science, or related subject.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant professional work experience in Sahelian and West African littoral countries at the local, national, and/or international levels implementing programming in the field of democracy, governance, peacebuilding, and/or countering violent extremism (CVE). A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with marginalized populations.
- Availability to commit for an approximative 24-month duration.
- Legal authorization to work in the following countries: Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Ghana, and Côte d’Ivoire is required.
- Complete fluency (native or advanced professional level) in written and spoken English and French.
- Excellent knowledge of the social, political, and cultural situation and landscape of the country assignment.
- Established relationships with national government and civil society stakeholders on issues of peacebuilding, governance, and CVE.
- Expertise on preventing/countering violent extremism strongly preferred.
- Approximately 24 month contract
- Market related salary