Reference No. CDTCGMI
Our client, one of Africa’s leading digital payments and commerce company’s, are looking for a Country General Manager to drive profitable growth and establish them as a leading player in the Fintech market of the designated country, as well as providing strategic leadership, operational excellence, stakeholder engagement, team empowerment, and ensuring compliance, ultimately contributing to their success, market share expansion, and sustainable development in the designated country.
- To develop and execute a business development, sales and delivery strategy for the designated country, that includes identifying key target segments, evaluating competitive landscape, and leveraging innovative Fintech solutions to gain a competitive edge in the market.
- To drive the expansion of their presence in the designated country by identifying new growth opportunities, assessing the feasibility of entering new markets, establishing strategic partnerships, and ensuring the successful execution of expansion plans.
- Partner with other executives and business leaders to develop and lead the implementation of a strategic executable plan to provide accurate business forecasting, and formulating commercial strategies to generate new revenue and customer relationships and partnerships in a manner that aligns with the their overall strategic objectives.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with key clients and stakeholders in the designated country, to understand their needs, collect feedback, and ensure exceptional customer satisfaction by delivering tailored Fintech solutions that address local market demands.
- To stay abreast of local regulatory requirements and ensure that their operations in the designated country comply with all relevant laws and regulations. Proactively engage with regulatory bodies to obtain necessary licenses and approvals.
- To serve as a representative in the designated country, acting as a brand ambassador at industry events, conferences, and networking opportunities.
- Promote their Fintech solutions, share thought leadership, and enhance their reputation in the local market.
- To provide strong leadership and direction to the Business Development, Sales and in country customer experience teams, fostering a high-performance culture, setting clear objectives, and empowering team members to excel in their roles.
- Create a collaborative and motivating work environment that encourages innovation, customer success and professional development.
- To collaborate effectively with various departments, in country and regionally, to ensure seamless coordination and alignment of efforts towards achieving their growth objectives in the designated country.
- Effectively communicate strategic shifts, manage any resistance, and ensure that the entire Sales, BD and Service Delivery teams are aligned with the commpany’s vision and objectives.
- Set and monitor performance metrics for the designated country, driving pipeline & revenue growth, profitability, and market share.
- Develop and execute financial plans, analyse results, and adapt strategies to achieve sustainable success.
- Formulates a clear Business Development, Sales and Delivery strategy for the designated country and maps the aggressive steps that will clearly accelerate the Country toward its strategic goals.
- Is early to spot possible future policies, practices, and trends in the Country, with the competition, and in the marketplace. Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the Country's goals. For example, ensures that the team understands and discusses relevant industry changes. Gives strong messages about how people's efforts make a difference to the broader East Africa Region.
- Steers the Country toward innovation, ensuring it stays at the forefront of Fintech developments. Tries multiple, varied approaches to innovative ideas and ensures the company’s product suite aligns with market needs and technological advancements.
- Sets stretch goals and objectives, pushing individuals or teams to perform at higher levels, by using a collaborative and inclusive leadership style that fosters teamwork, motivates employees, and encourages cross-functional collaboration, leading to a high-performing and cohesive Country team.
- Promotes a team environment that values, encourages, and supports differences and senses how differences will play out in terms of needs, values, and motivators.
- Identifies and monitors key financial indicators to gauge performance, identify
- trends, and suggest strategies that can impact results. Transforms financial information into business intelligence through analysis and integration of quantitative and qualitative information.
- Picks up on the need to change personal, interpersonal, and leadership behaviour quickly and seamlessly adapts style to fit the specific needs of others.
- Consults with a wide network of internal and external connections and works through formal and informal channels to build broad-based relationships and support.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Information Technology, Computer Science, Economics, Marketing, or related fields from an accredited University.
- An advanced degree, e.g., Masters in Finance/Business/ Technology or related fields or MBA would be an added advantage for higher level of understanding in business, financial and technological aspects of the industry.
- At least 12 years' experience in a C-suite or Senior Management role, preferably in a reputable Financial Institution or Fintech company, covering the aspects listed below:
- A solid understanding of the Fintech ecosystem, this includes experience in mobile banking, digital payments, blockchain, or any other Fintech innovation prevalent in designated country or East Africa
- Demonstrated experience in business development and sales, including business growth, market entry, and partnership cultivation experiences, in both financial services and technology is essential
- Proven track record of overseeing service delivery operations
- Experience in using and implementing modern digital tools and platforms that
- help in market analysis, partnership management and strategic planning will be crucial.
- Demonstrated experience in the East African financial market, understanding its unique challenges, opportunities, regulatory environment, customer behaviours, and cultural nuances is critical
- At least 8 to 10 years’ proven leadership experience, with at least 6 years spent in a C-suite or Senior Management role of developing, cultivating and leading high-performing business development, sales and delivery teams.
- Strategic decision-making experience is critical for formulating business growth strategies – demonstrated experience in strategic decisions that have led to growth, innovation, and market expansion.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with senior stakeholders, both internally (C- suite, board members) and externally (partners, regulators, and government officials).
- Experience in overseeing multiple projects, ensuring they align with the company's strategic goals.
- Familiarity with financial laws and regulations, compliance, and risk management specific to designated country.
- Familiarity with key players, regulators, and potential partners in the East Africa Fintech ecosystem would also be critical.
The role reports to the Managing Director, East Africa
Nature of Impact: Directly tied to revenue generation, market expansion, and relationship management with clients or partners in designated country. The role is core to the EA business’ success and has direct and final accountability for achieving the Country revenue and profitability targets as set by the MD, EA as well as for increasing the market share, customer acquisition, and retention rates of the designated EA Country.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.