Reference No. 215 09 22 MNW
Reference Number: 215 09 22 MNW
Our client, a global leader in the distribution and formulation of speciality chemicals and ingredients, is seeking a Country Manager to be a part of their Ugandan Business Unit. The incumbent will direct and control activities to ensure maximum sales, profitability and market penetration. They will manage the business performance and represent the company’s Uganda business unit while accounting to the General Manager: Kenya and complying to company policies and procedures. Furthermore, the incumbent will contribute to and assist in formulating the company’s medium- and long-term business objectives.
- Maintain regular contact with key strategic accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Develop strong relationship with suppliers by meeting their key objectives such as providing regular market reports and arranging successful customer visits.
- Identify key business opportunities and gaps in the market and share with the various senior management contacts within the company.
- Preparation of budget plan documentation in line with local and international reporting calendars.
- Aggregation and analysis of budget information based on input information from the business.
- Preparation of annual budget pack as per the company’s requirements.
- Plan and execute sales visits to customers on a regular basis.
- Pro-active planning for customer visits and development of close relationship with the various decision makers.
- Maintain a comprehensive contact customer database with all key contact details.
- Develop customer intimacy and ensure a thorough understanding of customer needs.
- Continuously update customers with current product portfolio and new product development plans.
- Prepare a detailed and actionable customer visit report.
- Point of contact for customers in all aspects, queries re products, orders, deliveries etc.
- Monitoring customer accounts to ensure they have sufficient credit limit for future sales and that long outstanding debt relating to queries are resolved timeously.
- Assist customers with price requests.
- Assist customers with certificate of analysis, technical data and material safety data sheets and resolve queries from customers in a timely manner.
- Ensure prompt dispatch of sample materials and follow up with customer.
- Monitor market trends and competitor activities and the reporting thereof to the General Manager.
- Maintain up-to-date market information and information on potential business opportunities/market.
- Understand the industry in terms of customer business, market/industry trends, product application knowledge and competitive strengths.
- Discuss on regular basis your business development strategy to grow business by adding new customers, expand product portfolio and increase market share with GM.
- Effective and professional coordination of visit to customers while ensuring utmost comfort to supplier visitor.
- Update supplier on all the market activities and discuss both opportunities and risks in the market.
- Comprehensive visit reports should be sent to supplier on all visits and shared with the GM.
- Planning and coordination of supplier visit schedule which should be confirmed early to avoid visitor conflicts and overwhelming customers with repeat visits.
- Flexibility in attendance of supplier training seminars
- Reviewing monthly sales report and discuss sales information with the GM.
- Adherence to strict reporting deadlines.
- Support the GM with general operations to help the team reaching sales objectives.
- Communicate and coordinate closely all orders with the internal sales representative.
- Ongoing communication with Finance and Warehouse and logistics teams.
- Execution of any additional tasks not specifically listed above; and overtime as and when required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 10 years’ sales as well as management
- Tertiary qualification in any chemical related field
- Strong in finance and economic comprehension
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.