Credit Analyst (Banking / Credit Risk / Finance) – Port Louis, Mauritius
Reference No. CDTCA
Reference Number: CDTCA
Our client within the banking sector is currently seeking a Credit Analyst to join the Credit Risk Department.
The incumbent will have to provide a totally independent and critical analysis of Institutional credit proposals originated by Front Offices (SME Banking, Corporate Banking and International/Treasury Banking).
- Analyse and evaluate credit risks inherent in Institutional Credit Proposals.
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative financial analysis and collateral analysis.
- Make clear and informed recommendations to the Approval Authority, including covenants to mitigate the risks identified in the Credit Proposals.
- Ensure turnaround time for each Credit Proposal is within the agreed SLA.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s Credit Policy, other internal policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Originate proposals for Sovereign and Bank limits.
- Proactively research, analyze and manage data from reliable sources with the aim to pre-empt risks on the credit portfolio.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of loan granting processes including credit checks, affordability criteria and repayment terms and conditions.
- Strong knowledge of Corporate Finance, Structured Trade Finance, Project Finance, Syndicated loans and Risk Management.
- Sound knowledge of Central Bank’s guidelines and other relevant local legislations.
Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree in Banking/Economics/Accounting/Finance OR ACCA qualified or any other relevant professional qualifications acceptable to the Bank
- Minimum 3 years banking experience in Credit /financial analysis environment.
Behavioural Skills/ Competencies:
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Quality oriented, have an eye for details and show strong bias for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent planning, prioritizing and organizational skills.
- Excellent team spirit.
- Proactive, dynamic and solution provider.
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral/written) skills.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at Cdutoit@caglobalint.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.