Reference No. CDTCRM1
Credit Risk Manager (Banking / Underwriting / Finance) – Port Louis, Mauritius
Reference Number: CDTCRM01
Our client within the banking sector is currently seeking a Credit Risk Manager to join the Credit Risk Department, who will be responsible for the sign off the Medium & Large onshore corporate files, which have been underwritten by Senior Credit Risk Analyst (SCRA) & Credit Risk Analyst (CRA) and underwrite large onshore & offshore corporates/sovereign deals and Bank/FI Limits
- Review credit proposals from FOs within agreed SLA/KPI by completing a comprehensive SWOT Analysis to highlight the credit risks involved and give possible mitigants for these risks. To also provide sign off on certain Medium size onshore corporate files, which have been underwritten by SCRA/CRA.
- Ensure that all credit requests are in alignment with the Bank’s Credit Policy, BOM guidelines and other legislations.
- Review/Originate Sovereign and Bank limits and ensure timely review/monitoring of these limits
- Proactively research, analyze and manage data from reliable sources with the aim to preempt risks on the credit portfolio.
- Highlight and contribute to eliminate all tasks and processes that do not add any value.
- Assist the Deputy Head of Credit Risk (DHCR) and Head of Credit Risk (HCR) in the implementation of Credit Risk Related Policies and Guidelines to reflect changes in regulatory and business environment and to strengthen the credit risk management framework of the Bank.
- Conduct & lead meetings with FOs to discuss issues noted in proposals during the review exercise and work out collaboratively towards recommending the best possible solution in the interest of the Bank and Business but without jeopardising its role as an independent party.
- To assist DHCR & HCR and related stakeholders in digitalizing the credit process.
- Provide advice and support to FOs regarding credit risk-related matters to meet stakeholder's expectations.
- Maintain mutually beneficial relationships with Front Office and other Support Teams.
- Ensure that turnaround time of credit proposals are within the agreed Service Level Agreement with respective Business Units.
- Deal with any issues raised with urgency and in a manner that encourages learning from the past and ensuring that omissions and errors are not repeated.
- Continuously strive to improve the quality of service provided by Credit Risk through Innovation and personal initiatives and challenging the status quo
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of loan granting processes including credit checks, affordability criteria and repayment terms and conditions.
- Strong knowledge of Corporate Finance, Structured Trade Finance, Project Finance, Syndicated loans and Risk Management.
- Sound knowledge of Central Bank’s guidelines and other relevant local legislations.
- Behavioural Skills/ Competencies:
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Quality oriented, have an eye for details and show strong bias for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent planning, prioritizing and organizational skills.
- Excellent team spirit.
- Proactive, dynamic and solution provider.
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral/written) skills.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Fully ACCA qualified or a master’s degree in financial management/Finance/Accounting or an alternate qualification acceptable to the Bank
- Minimum 7 years banking experience in Credit /financial analysis environment.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at Cdutoit@caglobalint.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.