Customer Support Technician (Mining / Technology / Mechanic / Maintenance) – Johannesburg
Reference No. 323 05 RR
Reference Number: 323 05 RR
Our client is seeking a Customer Support Technician who will be responsible for proactively working individually and as part of a team to assemble and commission the complete range of the company’s Projects and Products as directed by the Service Superintendent.
- Work with the Service Superintendent to build a strong competency in, and ability to adapt to, a range of breakdown situations that will be encountered when servicing or maintaining the company’s range of supplied equipment.
- The commissioning, repair, maintenance and monitoring of the company suite of technologies at mine sites.
- Training of mine site personnel in the effective utilization of company suite of technologies.
- Fault finding skills coupled with the ability to efficiently resolve problems in a manner appropriate to the particular situation, is a large part of this role.
- Ensure all issued Technical Bulletins have been implemented, or, coordinate information to site ensure the necessary follow up is conducted.
- Complete service module information update and check (hours of operation, hammer fires, scheduling of next service).
- Ensure spare parts required on site for upcoming trips are in progress and on time.
- Work with warehouse dispatch personnel to expedite if required.
- While on site, proactively ensure the customer’s needs are met.
- Provide assistance to the customer warehouse function to audit/identify spares stock at the site warehouse if requested by the customer.
- Working as an integral part of company’s Services & Site Maintenance team in a professional, proactive manner so as to ensure feedback and follow up to the customer occurs in a timely manner.
- Ensure the timely completion of timesheets, expenses and other administrative paperwork.
- In conjunction with the Service Superintendent, respond to existing customer requests for the sale of spare parts.
- In conjunction with the Service Superintendent, co-ordinate with company the supply and delivery of these spare parts.
- At the direction of the Service Superintendent provide some sales support to company’s customer base.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Journeyman Mechanic, Journeyman Crane Technician, Journeyman Diesel Technician or similar trade qualification.
- Tertiary qualification in engineering or a mining industry related discipline would be well regarded however.
- Knowledge of and a wide range of contacts within the hard rock mining industry.
- Knowledge of and experience with the maintenance programs of grinding mills, and in particular relining.
- Effective time management to ensure sufficient and effective customer contact, particularly in regard to the company’s global market.
- The ability to undergo and satisfy all site requirements with respect to health/medical requirements and the provision of personal records as required by individual customer sites.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- International and domestic travel is required
- Competitive Annual Package
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.