Debtors Clerk (3 Month Contract / Finance / Accounting) – Cape Town, South Africa
A Marketing Agency in Cape Town is looking to hire a Debtor’s Clerk to join their finance team on a 3-month contract basis. The individual will be responsible for completing invoicing and maintaining the debtor’s ledger to ensure that all monies due, is received on time.
- Do accurate, complete, and timeous invoicing.
- Allocate received payments correctly.
- Send out invoices and credit notes to clients via email.
- Communicate any debtor-related problems to the Financial Manager.
- Ensure the necessary approvals are obtained prior to crediting invoices.
- Do daily filing of invoices and credit notes.
- Submit monthly statements to customers.
- Monthly sales reconciliations for all departments.
- Matric / Grade 12 with Maths and Accounting.
- Accounting Diploma / Certificate.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Debtors Clerk or similar position.
- Experience in a Junior Accountant role will be advantageous.
- 2 years’ experience working on a well-known accounting package.
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle.
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to deliver on quick turnaround times.
- The ability to organize and prioritize, as well as, perform under pressure.
- Be deadline driven and can work independently.
- Be professional and patient.
- Have a positive attitude and strong people skills, as well as, be well-spoken.
- 3-month contract