Reference No. 295 03 RR
Reference Number: 295 03 RR
Our client, an international mining house is seeking a Decarbonization Project Specialist who will be responsible for supporting the VP Decarbonization in leading a global portfolio of emissions reduction projects from inception through to commissioning on time and on budget. Key projects include primarily green energy (wind and solar development) as well as fleet electrification, energy efficiency, and alternative fuels. Furthermore, the incumbent will act as the primary business unit (BU) contact through all phases of the project to ensure the on-time delivery, of the companies decarbonization program. The ideal incumbent will have experience working with multiple stakeholders in different time zones around the world.
- Support the Vice President of Decarbonization in the portfolio planning, execution, and overall decarbonization projects governance.
- Critically analyse all emission reduction initiatives/projects ensuring that they are commercially sound and driven by robust business cases furthering organizational decarbonization goals and commitments.
- Actively engage with Business Units across the globe, challenging and guiding the plans, and supporting with knowledge and contacts as needed.
- Support BUs with the development of comprehensive project execution plans and drive the project in accordance with agreed-upon project scope and milestones to ensure on-time delivery.
- Support BUs with monitoring, tracking, controlling and reporting on projects performances, including progress against scope, cost and schedule ensuring successful completion of project milestones to plan.
- Consolidate and ensure timely issuance of progress reports for incorporation into executive presentations.
- Organize Decarbonization Program routine meetings with project leaders from Business Units.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum of 10 years in project management experience with 5 years in leadership roles.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in the Mining or Mine Process
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Decarbonization, sustainability, renewables energy, and emission-related project experience preferred.
- Experience with energy transition or other climate change-related projects.
- Understanding of GHG emissions, carbon markets, and carbon reduction opportunities for mining companies.
- Experience in the renewable energy sector nice to have; experience developing wind and/or solar projects
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of quality project management principles and practices
- Strong computing skills and knowledge of SAP, and Microsoft Suite
- Earmarked for US, Denver based candidates.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent employment opportunity
- Competitive annual package and incentives
- Opportunity to join a global tier one mining company.
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.