Reference No. DFPADS
Director – Financial Planning & Analysis (Finance Services / CASA / Planning / Analysis) – Johannesburg, South Africa
Reference Number: DFPADS
The success incumbent will be responsible for managing the Forecasting, Planning & Analysis functions for lines of business to achieve all planning, forecasting, managerial reporting objectives and deliverables of the Group and will ensure that the Financial Forecasting and Analysis is managed appropriately and exceeds expectations.
- Perform and adhere to all Group reporting requirements as it relates to relevance of responsibility
- Business analysis to model specific areas / processes used in the business.
- Identify trends and apply theory to develop models / analysis in order to provide insights into business issues / opportunities with management / stakeholders in running their respective businesses.
- Use skills and knowledge to prescribe and create predictive models for ongoing trends and analysis that support the running of the business.
- Maintain and develop value added performance metrics for main areas across the business, by working with the business to identify data sources and appropriate targets/goals.
- Assist in developing methodologies for on-going reporting of performance to finance as well as and function & business unit leadership.
- Establish and maintain appropriate reporting and analysis focused on pro-actively providing internal stakeholders with insights and information into performance and activities within their responsible areas to drive performance of the TU Africa group.
- Analyze financial and operational information to identify trends and interpret data for Senior & Executive management. Prepare management reporting to measure business performance against various metrics being; product profitability, customer profitability, pricing, competitor activity and data optimization and utilization.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the annual operating budgets, capital expenditure plan as well as strategic three-year plan. This includes working through the respective budgeting and forecasting processes with the individual lines of business, shared service functions as well as consolidation of results and preparation of relevant reporting to senior & executive management as well as HQ
- Analysis of the lines of business / shared service function results – both historical and forecasted – including a review of all key trends within the respective functions in terms of revenue, operating expenses and overall profitability & EBITDA Margin expansion. These reviews would include performance analysis of all key business initiatives including any possible acquisition activity
- Drive meaningful MI and analyses for business decisions
- Coordinates with all levels of management and consultants where applicable to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, new business planning, trended future requirements and operating forecast
- Manage the South Africa and Africa Subsidiaries payroll function, which includes all aspects of payroll and headcount forecasting and actuals.
- Define the specific achievement levels needed for team success; set baseline expectations, monitor and drive team towards higher level performance. Envision ideal achievements and performance results for the function, consistent with organizational objectives; establish requirements, delivery criteria and specific measures of performance.
- Provide a road map for individual and collective department performance and development. Advance the development of associates by creating an environment conducive to internal, external, cross functional and on-job training.
- Define a high-level framework of processes, linkages, critical success factors and performance measures that integrate into the rollup of TU Africa Group performance.
- Establish and support proactive process assessments and formulate preventative and improvement measures. Study best practices: challenge current work models & methods and set standards for improvement initiatives
- Share and clarify overall vision and related strategies with associates, communicate with peers and related business unit management, to understand needs and best practices.
- Provide continual, constructive feedback on performance results against departmental goals. Promote teamwork within and across sub functions
- Work closely with technology organization to maintain and improve on MIS data to improve business intelligence and effectively manage the various information sources to meet and improve on business requirements
- Minimum CA (SA) qualification
- Minimum of 10 + years’ experience
- Hyperion and ERP systems experience
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Banking and Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.