Let's find out where you can grow your career
Director of Financial Affairs / Chief Financial Officer (CFO / Finance Director / Banking) – Khartoum, Sudan
October 25, 2021
Reference Number: BLRFDS011
A well-known client of ours in the Banking Sector is seeking to hire a Director of Financial Affairs / Chief Financial Officer to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing tactical and strategic advice and recommendations to the Director General and members of the management team on business and financial planning for the bank.
- The incumbent is a core member of the bank’s senior management team and serves as a senior advisor to the Director General and Executive Management on all financial and business affairs of the bank.
- Develop and follow up the implementation of the strategy of the financial Affairs department in line with the general strategy of the Bank.
- Supervising the implementation of the financial and accounting policies, regulations, procedures and instructions of the bank and proposing their development within the scope of.
- Regulations, instructions and strategic objectives of the bank and to ensure alignment with international best practices and the practices of peer MDBs.
- Supervising the implementation of the bank’s lending policy and ensuring the integrity of the bank’s financial operations.
- Supervising administratively and technically all employees within the scope of direct supervision, distributing tasks among them, and monitoring performance.
- Contribute to the preparation of the five-year plans, financial programs and annual reports.
- Supervising the preparation of the annual estimated budgets and financial statements of the Bank.
- Evaluate financial and accounting operations and applications and ensure the integrity of financial operations.
- Supervising and controlling the records of fixed assets and preparing related periodic reports.
- Supervising the preparation and approval of the final financial statements of the bank in accordance with the power entrusted to it.
- Supervising the preparation of periodic and non-periodic financial and accounting reports when needed and submitting them with the appropriate recommendations to the Director General to take the appropriate decision regarding them.
- Signing the documents submitted to him in accordance with the powers entrusted to him by the higher management.
- Supervising the review and audit of all financial contracts and all obligations before concluding them to determine their financial impact on the bank and prepare the necessary recommendations in this regard.
- Supervising the preparation of any required studies.
- Coordination with other management to implement the objectives and responsibilities of the Bank through active participation in all other management structures and committees of the bank.
- Supervising the coordination process with the internal Audit Office regarding the provision of all data and records to the Department.
- Supervising the process of coordinating with the bank’s Auditor regarding the annual audit and the bank’s accounts.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Post-graduate degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Masters or PhD holders in the field of specialization are preferred
- International Professional certificates in the financial field (CPA, CFA, ACCA) are a plus
- At least Similar Experience of 12 years preferably 10 years in Similar International Institutions at a comparably senior level
- Fluency in Arabic in addition to English and/or French, (fluency in both English and French is preferred)
- Based in Khartoum, Sudan.
If you wish to apply for the position directly, please send your CV to Fabio Da Silva Faria at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities
Fabio Da Silva Faria
Banking, Finance & Information Technology
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful, however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.