Reference No. SR-DMIS-001
Our client within the Banking sector is currently recruiting a Director of Management of Information Systems (MIS) to join their growing team to support Rwanda. The Director of MIS is responsible for the entire ecosystem supporting the bank. This position leads the strategy, architecture, design, development, project delivery, operational support and retirement of enterprise business applications.
The ideal candidate will have a wealth of experience tackling various software & hardware problems. They should be comfortable providing technology solutions to the bank’s stakeholders (internal/external) and working closely with third party software companies to adopt new technologies and efficiently use existing ones. Candidates should have prior experience working with information technology and understand the latest technology trends to ensure the technology in place is up to date. Experience within the banking sector and/or financial domain is not required but preferred.
- Provide management, coaching and mentoring to create an environment which encourages accountability and strong staff development; manage the hiring, training, motivation, and retention of top talent. This includes managing external vendors and contractors.
- Engaging stakeholders across the enterprise to gain a strong understanding of business needs and deliver software applications that enable the bank’s business objectives
- In collaboration with business unit management and other IT functional areas, assess feasibility, determine cost/benefit, prioritize projects, and develop and implement systems.
- Driving projects to successful completion by delivering on promised scope / functionality, resolving issues and conflicts with business / IT / Vendor partners, hitting deadlines with quality deliverables.
- Ensuring a maximum level of service satisfaction throughout the bank is achieved and maintained.
- Ensuring the operational performance, scalability and reliability of application services. Ensuring that the banks critical systems are available 24/7.
- Ensure proper licensing and adequate support for all systems users.
- Providing overall technology leadership and vision to influence and drive the product strategy to deliver customer-focused workplace technology solutions.
- Providing leadership focus, mentorship and management expertise to identify improvement and efficiency opportunities that strengthen ICT team performance and delivery.
- Maintaining appropriate staffing levels in the MIS division by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, and evaluating MIS staff as required. Regularly review and evaluate your division performance.
- Partnering with product management and technology teams to ensure ongoing alignment and execution of workplace technology strategy and roadmaps.
- Developing strategic relationships across the business and key partners to inspire change and adoption of new ways of working that drive competitive advantage.
- Owning or influencing product strategy & vision, roadmaps, and backlog prioritization
- Solid portfolio management and financial experience, including capital (Capex) and operational (Opex) budgets, resource planning and prioritization
- Experience utilizing Agile, Waterfall, and hybrid methodologies. Strong understanding of the SDLC.
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills across a complex matrixed organization, and experience working with senior management.
- Ability to look at workplace technology solutions in creative and unconventional ways, recognizing opportunities to innovate and engaging partners in a vision and strategy.
- Effective vendor management and ability to develop strategic vendor partnerships.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the CTIO.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- General leadership and management techniques.
- 7+ years of people management experience in an engineering, development or technology role
- University degree in Business management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Experience working in the Banking & Financial domain.
- IT Certifications.
- Demonstrated insight and passion for both business and technology, including the latest digital innovations as they apply to the creation of business value
- Deep knowledge of system architecture, technical design, and system and software development technology
- Proven internal and external influencing skills at senior and executive management levels
- Exceptional ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- Experience in managing vendors and systems integrators
- Experience leading multiple projects/programs and teams.
- Experience with business transformation and change management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written). Responding to inquiries and in effective oral and written communication.
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and implementing recommendations in support of goals.
- Strong background in technology deployment
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Willing and able to relocate to Rwanda, Kigali
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Banking & Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.