District Exploration Geologist ( Greenfields / Brownfields / Copper Gold ) – East Africa
Reference No. 24 03 23 VG
Reference Number: 24 03 23 VG
Our client, a mining house, is seeking a District Exploration Geologist who will facilitate the discovery of world-class orebodies in the company’s East Africa region. The incumbent will be reporting to the Exploration Manager and assist in desktop and field-based target evaluations, to rank, design and implement fit-for-purpose exploration programs, resulting in the discovery of economically viable gold and copper deposits that will positively impact the company’s growth.
- Provide a strong contribution to the company’s safety culture and programs while encouraging and ensuring others do the same.
- Planning, supervision and execution of exploration field activities, including drilling, trenching, mapping, geophysics and geochemistry.
- Compile, clean, and analyse data to generate, develop and assess exploration targets.
- Strong collaboration with technically skilled team to deliver the company’s exploration strategy and growth ambitions.
- Being a key technical leader in the exploration team, driving exploration and geological best practice in our work programs to deliver robust and high-quality geological target models.
- Developing regional, camp, and target-scale geological models including an understanding of lithology, stratigraphy, structure, alteration, and mineralisation.
- Support the company’s growth strategy by leading and/or contributing to competitor project due diligence reviews including technical, financial and legislative considerations
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary projects, including resources, mining, social and legal departments.
- Weekly, monthly, quality reporting to senior management, in the form of presentations and reports.
- Mentorship and development of exploration skills within the dominantly local geological team.
- Design and implementation of Standard Operating procedures.
- Monitor QA/QC procedures and ensure the integrity of all project datasets.
- Monitor and steer company Exploration sponsored research projects and education institution partnerships.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, community and environment.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 8-15 years’ experience in greenfield/brownfield exploration, including 3+ years within supervisory roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology/Geoscience from a recognized institution. Advanced degree (MSc/PhD) will be viewed favourably.
- Significant field-based exploration experience in Africa.
- Extensive experience in orogenic, structurally controlled gold deposits is required, with exposure to Arabian-Nubian Shield geology and VMS, intrusion related mineralized systems viewed favourably.
- Firm understanding and recognition of mineralization models and geological processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in GIS and 3D geological modelling software. Experience with ArcGIS, Leapfrog Geo, Micromine, ioGAS is considered an asset.
- Be prepared to travel extensively to field offices and project areas.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Position will be based initially in Saudi Arabia with future opportunities throughout the AME region
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.camining.com or www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.