Let's find out where you can grow your career
Divisional Head: Shared Service (Strategic Alignment / Transition Plan / SLA’s / Risk Management / Financial Accounting) – Gauteng, South Africa
June 22, 2022
The main purpose of this position is to to provide leadership and strategic direction in the Shared Services Division of the Financial Services Department (FSD), to ensure accurate and timeous delivery of shared services against service level agreements (SLAs) within the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).
- Provide strategic direction of the shared services (including Payments, Remuneration and Payroll, and Pensions sections) within the FSD, in support of the SARB strategy.
- Develop an overall shared services strategy for the SARB group.
- Communicate the vision and strategic goals of the Shared Services function in line with the FSD and the SARB’s strategy, ensuring a common understanding among teams and business stakeholders.
- Oversee the development of strategy-aligned functional plans, policies, processes and procedures, tools, systems, and services across the Shared Services function, to ensure continuous improvement.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of outputs within the FSD, including Payments, Remuneration and Payroll, and Pensions sections.
- Drive alignment across the Shared Services functions and promote an effective partnering model to enable effective delivery of services.
- Oversee the reporting processes of the division enabled by advanced data analytics for the purpose of facilitating strategic decisions.
- Manage strategic relations with key stakeholders, both within and external to the SARB, to facilitate timeous and accurate delivery of shared services.
- Engage other departments within the SARB group to build a scalable shared services centre.
- Identify and mitigate risks related to the division and ensure compliance with relevant governance frameworks as defined by the SARB and other regulatory bodies.
- Manage the performance of staff and promote and support career management and development.
- Take accountability for delivery in line with SLAs and customer expectations.
- Identify, develop, and implement best practice policies and processes within FSD.
- Identify, develop, and implement best practice procedures for the record-to-report (R2R), peer-to-peer (P2P) networking and order-to-cash (O2C) streams.
- Build transition plans to migrate and stabilize processes.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- CA (SA) qualification
- 10–12 years’ working experience in a banking or finance environment, of which five to seven years must be in a senior management position.
Additional requirements are as follows:
- Industry, organizational and business awareness knowledge, and skills
- quality assurance knowledge and skills
- continuous improvement knowledge and skills
- continued learning and/or professional development knowledge and skills
- financial accounting
- risk management
- central banking (an added advantage)
- people management
- relevant legislation and policies
- knowledge of Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) systems
- planning and organizing
- building and managing relationships
- effective communication
- leading change
- developing and growing others
- driving results
- analysis and problem-solving
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Finance – Banking, Insurance, Legal and Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.