Let's find out where you can grow your career
Drill & Blast Engineer ( Underground / Longhole Mining / Hard Rock ) - Namibia
0101 27 09 TT
September 27, 2021
Reference Number: 0101 27 09 TT
Our client, a large, blue-chip mining company, is seeking a Drill & Blast Engineer responsible for compiling optimized drill and blast designs/layouts and co-ordinate CRF activities for Longhole Open Stopes that are critical for achieving production and safety targets for their gold mine based in Namibia. They will be reporting to the Senior Mine Manager.
- Stope Designs – Design and optimize stopes based on diamond drilling results, economic factors, operational and geotechnical factors for optimum reserve extraction. Compile the relevant ring designs for each stope based on stope design, drilling equipment, hole size and agreed upon burden and spacing to achieve designed powder factors and fragmentation.
- LH Production Planning and Scheduling – Arrange for stope sign-off notes, whereby stopes are handed over to the production contractor in an acceptable condition and permission given to commence with LH production or CRF. Compile daily, weekly and monthly drilling schedules for LH Drilling in the applicable software.
- Performance Tracking and Monitoring – Keep record of broken stock available for loading, drilled stocks available for blasting and developed/backfilled stope inventory ready for drilling. Ensure that targeted inventory levels are maintained for all parameters.
- Contractor Management – Work with the production contractor to optimize designs and work plans for performance, cost and safety. Review and verify contractor’s physical quantities for certification purposes.
- Quality Control – Develop a system to evaluate drilling accuracy of actual holes drilled vs design. Develop and implement system to assess and control CRF quality.
- Production and Design Reconciliations – Arrange for scanning of stope after a blast has been taken and analyze results. Compare actual excavations to design and identify deviations and causes and minimize these through appropriate interventions or design changes.
- Optimization of Drill and Blast Parameters – Do periodic (weekly, monthly) and systematic analysis of drill and blast data in order to identify, analyze and improve production efficiencies. Optimize LH drilling and blasting techniques improve operational efficiencies.
- Cost Compliance - Assist with the compilation of the operational budget. Operate within own budget.
- Safety, Health and Environment – Compliance to the B2Gold Golden Rules, Code of Conduct and all Policies.
- Comply with the Labor Act: Regulations Pertaining to Health and Safety, Ordinance 20 of 1968, Explosives Act, Minerals Act, Petroleum Act Namibian Mining Act and Regulations and Mine Safety and Health standards.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Grade 12 Diploma.
- Minimum Degree in Mining Engineering (i.e. NQF Level 7 or B.Eng)
- Underground Blasting Certificate.
- 5 years minimum experience in an underground, hard rock, mechanized mine environment.
- Previous Longhole Open Stoping mining methods experience mandatory.
- Cemented rock fill experience advantageous.
- Valid Code BE Driver’s license.
- Knowledge of 3D environment mine design software mandatory. (i.e. Deswik or Vulcan)
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Role.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Tristan Turner at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.