Let's find out where you can grow your career
Drill Fluids Technician (Solids Control / Waste Management / Fluid Engineering) – East Africa
October 1, 2021
Reference Number: 207-0110LH
Our client is in need of a Drilling Fluids Technician with strong solids control and waste management experience to join their team on site in East Africa.
- Overseeing all aspects of drill cutting containment systems and fluid related waste.
- Assist with separation equipment, processes and installations.
- Overseeing the mud coolers and heat exchangers.
- Responsible for installation and operation of a wide range of solids control packages.
- Ensuring operational procedures are adhered to.
- Operate and maintain all solids control, waste management and clean-up equipment.
- Completion of filtration services and mud pit cleaning.
- Reporting of daily operations.
- Administrative requirements such as data collection.
- Cost control.
- Ensuring health, safety and quality standards are maintained.
- Continuous improvement initiatives.
- Mentoring and training of subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Metallurgical Engineering Degree or similar technical qualification.
- Drilling fluid management certificate.
- 10 years previous experience in fluids control within oil and gas environments.
- Experience with CCB, vacuums, augers, centrifuges, separators and filtration shakers.
- Confined space training certificate.
- Occupational health and safety certificate.
- Previous experience mentoring and training in-country nationals in an expatriate role in Africa.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 6 month contract.
- FIFO roster.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Leanne Laas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.