Reference No. 292 03 RR
Our client is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer to join their team. The ideal incumbent will have experience working on various mining projects ranging from underground mines to processing plants.
- Design electrical and instrumentation systems for mining projects, including underground mines, surface mines, and processing plants.
- Develop detailed engineering drawings and specifications.
- Create bill of quantities, budgets and schedules for independent electrical and instrumentation projects.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines to deliver fit for purpose solutions to the various clients.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant standards and regulations.
- Perform electrical load calculations and develop load lists.
- Conduct site surveys and assessments to ensure that equipment and installations are fit for purpose.
- Manage electrical and instrumentation contractors during construction and commissioning phases.
- Conduct electrical and instrumentation testing and commissioning activities.
- Perform technical evaluations of vendor proposals and recommend equipment selections.
- Provide technical support to maintenance and operations teams.
- Develop and maintain electrical and instrumentation standards, procedures, and specifications.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in electrical and instrumentation engineering within the mining industry
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering.
- Professional registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa – preferred.
- Strong knowledge of electrical and instrumentation design, installation, and commissioning.
- Experience working on underground mines, surface mines, and processing plants.
- Ability to manage contractors and ensure compliance with standards and regulations.
- Willingness to travel to project sites across Africa
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Fixed Term Contract , with option to go perm.
- Competitive Package (ZAR)
- Regular travel into Africa
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.