Reference No. 14 06 22 AM
Reference Number: 14 06 22 AM
Our client, a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services, is looking for a Partner – Social Performance: Resettlement and International ESIA to join their team. The ideal incumbent will be a leader with expertise in environmental, social and H&S impact assessment (EHSIA), Social Performance (impact assessments, stakeholder engagement, land acquisition and resettlement, livelihood restoration and community development), as well as Sustainable Finance and Climate Change topics to join them as a Partner in their Capital Projects Delivery (CPD) team. This is a Partner-level opportunity for a senior professional looking to further their career with an equity stake in a global environmental leader that aims to lead the field in sustainability consulting.
- As a Partner, you will be a strong champion of safe working environment for staff, subcontractors and clients.
- Primary focus on key client account development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of the company’s Social Performance, Resettlement and International ESHIA and wider social performance and social responsibility consulting ser‐vices to deliver strategic value to target clients in any of the following sectors and industries
- Corporate and project commitments to manage social im‐pacts (e.g. to livelihoods and the environment)
- Project Finance for Multilateral Banks, DFIs, EP Banks and other institutions
- Private Equity and Impact Investment advisory
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with target clients aligned with the company’s global strategy.
- Provide business value selling at the top levels of client organisations, raising the profile of the company’s capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape clients’ needs for the company’s services.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain pulse on industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Manage capture efforts utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, and contracting.
- Ensure a robust understanding of client’s businesses, organization, programs and processes, as well as a comprehensive understanding of client’s priorities, key needs and what is deemed as most valuable.
- Drive a strategy and execution plan(s) focused on key geographies, service needs, and that facilitates growth in the companies Social Performance business.
- Personally perform face-to-face engagements with client stakeholders (face-to-face visits and presentations).
- Ensure that contract access is established (and expanded) for key areas of service and geographies and that contract terms and requirements are identified and maintained.
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM’s global business.
- Build and develop a strategy for team growth and mentor others in your team.
- Continue to grow the successful Social Performance and Human Rights services practice across the Northern Europe Business Unit and support, and leverage resource from the EMEA team and the wider ERM family.
- Play a key role in the EMEA Social Consulting Technical Community and also the global Technical Community
- Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to leadership and management of major programs and projects for the practice.
- Lead consulting engagements in your area of professional expertise.
- Drive innovation to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate the company in the market.
- Provide “hands-on” leadership and support for contract negotiations and proposal efforts.
- Engage client’s key stakeholders in periodic re‐views of the companies service performance and provide feedback to the Northern Europe Leadership Team and key company stakeholders (i.e., Business Unit Managing Partners) to ensure continuous service excellence.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Undergraduate degree and a post-graduate qualification in a relevant area.
- 10-15+ years’ experience in a senior social or sustainability function or role, either in a consulting environment or working substantially within a business or institution.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges and recognize corporate opportunities.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Aimee Mitchell at email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.