Engineer: Drill & Pit (Mining / 188.8.131.52 / Maintenance / Safety / Services) – Limpopo, South Africa
Reference No. 250 09 RR
Our client, an international mining house is seeking an Earthmoving Engineer: Drill and Pit services, who will oversee section engineering activities, and be responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of equipment in the applicable area of responsibility. The incumbent will be responsible for creating a high-performance culture and leading the production team to effectively deliver on the set production and respective business continuity targets through an integrated value chain. The incumbent will hold the legal accountability with a 184.108.40.206 appointment in terms of the MHSA, responsible for the overall safe operation and maintenance of equipment including availability of drilling, vehicle and transport maintenance and pit services onsite.
- Ensure adherence to the company's Safety, Health and Environmental management programmes and that objectives are implemented according to statutory legislation and the Strategic Management Plan.
- Direct and identify the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure adherence to mining standards, organisational standards and legislative requirements.
- Thorough understanding of hazard identification and risk assessment principles and ability to implement effective controls to manage risks within the section.
- Interpret organisational requirements for the section, to compile and develop a risk log with appropriate mitigation solutions that align with short-, medium- and long-term Strategic Business Plan objectives.
- Allocate and manage the utilisation of financial resources and value add to optimise engineering availability and life cycle management of equipment.
- Management and co-ordination of team and resources to execute maintenance and operational plans.
- Stakeholder management: liaison with maintenance, operational & support function (e.g. geotechnical) personnel to derive and execute fit for purpose engineering solutions according to sound risk management practices.
- Direct the development, motivation and utilisation of Human Resources for the section to ensure a competent knowledge base for continued success within area of responsibility.
- Repair and Maintenance (R&M) contract management for mine site P&H 250XP Drill Rig Fleet.
- Management of the Contractor drilling fleet safe operation and maintenance.
- Hydrocarbon (Fuels & Lubricants) contract management with a focus on energy efficiency optimisation by analysis of application, supply / usage and recovery / disposal of hydrocarbons.
- Contract Management of essential service and projects in area of responsibility.
- Planning, management and optimisation of dewatering activities to ensure operational plans are achieved (Storm Water Control, Pump Systems, Electrical reticulation, Application of key mining equipment, etc).
- Manage the execution of maintenance in the vehicle and transport section.
- Coordinate the development, management and enhancement of maintenance plans to ensure optimal uptime and reliability of equipment within area of responsibility.
- Implement critical Plant and Equipment strategies / tactics are delivering to the defined availability, reliability and cost / operated hour within the lifecycle model and production plan.
- Development of appropriate engineering maintenance and project systems to support the strategic plans.
- Identify & develops the appropriate practice, specifications and standards for discipline to ensure integrated practices according to organisational needs and objectives.
- Interprets operational and mining risks to ensure the development and management of a risk management plan to minimise identifiable risk to an operation.
- Ensure equipment maintenance strategies are operationalised into effective work packages and tactics.
- Ensure all work is planned, scheduled, executed, and monitored and all legal appointment/ statutory requirements are executed.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) or equivalent
- Government Certificate of Competency (Mines)
- Experience in carrying a legal appointment in an open pit environment
- More than 5 years post GCC examination experience
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Opportunity to join a global leading diversified mining company
- Competitive annual package
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.