Reference No. 202 04 RR
Our client is an international mining house who is seeking a Engineering Manager, who will be responsible for leading the Engineering Team in the safe and cost-effective execution of Legal Compliance, SANS Standards and Asset Management, including Maintenance Management and Life Cycle Management, through clearly defined strategies and objectives for maintenance of plant, equipment & facilities for the site.
- Document and review the overall maintenance strategy on an annual basis to ensure that it is aligned with the business plan
- Ensure strict adherence to maintenance work management principles (percent planned work, adherence to schedule, number of breakdowns, number of proactive requests) to obtain maximum plant availability at minimum maintenance cost per unit produced
- Manage the Engineering Assets to ensure that they produce at their designed capacity and are periodically refurbished to their original condition to ensure optimal life
- Ensure strict adherence to the relevant engineering standards and specifications
- Periodically audit the asset and documentation to obtain maximum standardisation of spares and new plant installations on the site
- Safe and cost-effective execution of Legal Compliance, SANS Standards and Asset Management
- Project Manager for large capital-intensive projects
- Implement appropriate maintenance strategies for the plant
- Plan and implement small to medium capital and Continuous Improvement projects
- Develop and maintain systems to comply to all statutory requirements
- Build a competent team to maintain the plant and improve equipment reliability
- Contribute and participate in group and industry technical forums
- Perform management standby
- Identify and assess level of issue-based risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
- Utilise the Integrated Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status
- Adhere to all related SOP’s, PTO’s, and CTO’s as per Training Matrix per position, SHEQ and company standards
- Conduct career discussions and implement actions with all identified talent (quarterly)
- Jointly define deliverables with site production personnel
- Put systems and controls in place that will ensure that the site is maintained
- Manage Continuous Improvement through Operational Excellence
- Manage the Departmental budget & spend
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant Eng./BSc. (Eng.) Degree or National Diploma
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience, preferably 3 years’ managerial experience
- Government Competency Certificate (Factories)
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.