Engineering Manager (Mining / Plant / Equipment / Maintenance / Strategy / Asset Management) – Northwest, South Africa
Reference No. 246 08 RR
Our client, an international mining house is seeking an Engineering Manager who will lead the Engineering Team in the safe and cost-effective execution of the Asset Capability Assurance process through clearly defined strategies and objectives for maintenance of plant, equipment & facilities for the site.
- Document and review the overall Engineering strategy on an annual basis to ensure that it is aligned with the business plan.
- Ensure strict adherence to maintenance work and management principles (percent planned work, adherence to schedule, number of breakdowns, number of proactive requests) to obtain maximum plant and machine availability at minimum maintenance cost per unit produced.
- Manage the Engineering Assets to ensure that they produce at their designed capacity and are periodically refurbished to their original condition to ensure optimal life.
- Ensure strict adherence to the relevant engineering standards and specifications.
- Periodically audit the asset and documentation to obtain maximum standardisation of spares and new plant installations on the site.
- Manage performance against set targets and competencies and conduct career discussions with identified talent.
- Manage SHEQ compliance within the Department through effective use of the Toolbox.
- Jointly define annual service level agreements with site production personnel.
- Put systems and controls in place that will ensure that the site is maintained.
- Manage Continuous Improvement through Operational Excellence.
- Monitor and control the Departmental costs.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- B.Eng./BSc. (Eng.) Degree or Technikon Diploma
- Government Certificate of Competency (for Mines)
- At least 10 years post qualification experience.
Benefits and Contractual information:
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.