Let's find out where you can grow your career
Engineering Manager (Underground/ Maintenance / HDSA / PGM / GCC) – Mashishing, South Africa
224 06 RR
June 20, 2022
Our client a leading mining group operating in Southern Africa. The opportunity exists for an Engineering Manager to take responsibility of the maintenance & engineering strategy for all TMM equipment and UG infrastructure. The role reports into the General Manager and will carry a legal appointment.
- Responsible for all Underground Infrastructure, including belts, conveyor systems, water and power reticulation and TM3. Responsible for all projects related to above.
- Cost optimization and efficiencies related to the above function, striving for world class solution.
- Ensure proper controls are in place for maintenance of equipment. Plans and forecasts engineering requirements to meet production needs; analyses problems and takes appropriate action and ensures adequate training and development of engineering employees.
- Budget and cost control. Custodian of Engineering and operations process and systems on the Mine. Ensure continuous improvement in the department when benchmarked. Co-develop and sign-off all Engineering and operations processes, procedures, policies and SOP's. Ensure all procedures are captured accurately as per requirements.
- Drive (mining) improvement projects toward enhancing the operations. Optimize the processes of scheduling and design. Ensure equipment optimization by conducting timeous investigations, benchmarking and feasibility studies toward identifying deviations / deficiencies in a proactive manner. Make recommendations in respect of appropriate principles / methodology to be followed. Conduct simulation projects, forecasting, planning optimization and support.
- Establish fully equipped workshop facilities. Assess requirements for workshop facilities and approve plans. Equip workshop with approved tools and equipment.
- Ensure all equipment purchased is in line with mine requirements. Ensure internal clients purchase correct equipment, and the quality is in line with requirements.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree or National Diploma: Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Certificate: Government Certificate of Competence Mines and Works.
- Code 08 (EB) Driver’s License.
- Engineering Council of South Africa Membership.
- Must be a South African National
- 10 years extensive practical experience in Engineering and production environment.
- 2 years management experience in a production environment.
- 5 - 10 years extensive practical experience as a Section Engineer.
- 5 years extensive practical TMM and maintenance experience in a mining environment.
- 5 years extensive practical multi-disciplinary Engineering experience.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Competitive annual package
- Legal Appointment
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.