Engineering Superintendent (Auxiliary / MHSA / Earth-moving Equipment / Mining) – Northern Cape, South Africa
Reference No. 012 0305 OT
Reference Number: 012 0305 OT
Our client, a mining group, is seeking an Engineering Superintendent (Auxiliary) who will supervise all Engineering staff and related activities within allocated Earthmoving Equipment Department. Ensure that maintenance and repairs of Earthmoving Equipment is timeously executed in accordance to set standards and within approved budget. To ensure that all Engineering and other related SOP’s are adhered to and maximize equipment availability to ultimately ensure that site production targets are met.
- Ensure that all Earthmoving Equipment within allocated section maintains at least 85% availability.
- Monitor availability, MTTR and MTBF statistics to ensure acceptable equipment performance against set targets.
- Develop, present and implement remedial action plans where required, to address underperformance.
- Ensure that all Engineering activities are pre-planned, scheduled, properly & timeously executed and conducted as per OEM guidelines and intervals for each machine type and model.
- Assist Artisans to perform diagnostics and troubleshooting to identify problems and resolve engineering malfunctions on equipment.
- Ensure that Artisans attend to all breakdowns or equipment malfunctions/failures reported with urgency and continuously update the Maintenance and Production Managers on repair progress and expected work completion timelines.
- Conduct frequent over-inspections of work done by artisans and assistants to ensure that work is executed to high standards.
- Ensure that no equipment leaves the workshop or repair area in a poor state and that lubricants are re-filled to appropriate levels before re-starting of equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all client/company SOP’s, Policies, procedures, provisions and stipulations of the MHSA.
- Ensure that allocated section budget is adhered to and behave in a cost- conscious manner at all times.
- Investigate premature component failures in conjunction with the Section Engineering and Snr. Maintenance Manager to perform root cause analysis.
- Develop, propose and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Act as mentor for allocated section. Identify and propose training interventions and programs to Snr. Maintenance Manager to ensure that Artisans and Assistants are developed in terms of set IDP’s.
- Develop and implement a succession plan for Dept.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer (N. Dip or Degree) with at least 3-5 years related post-graduation experience or alternatively Qualified Artisan (Section 13 “Red Seal” or Section 26 D) with at least 8-10 years’ post qualification experience as Artisan of which 3-5 years must be in a supervisory level role.
- Valid driver’s license and clean criminal record.
- Excellent knowledge of heavy earthmoving equipment fleet maintenance, repairs and diagnostics within an open cast mining environment
- Excellent people (supervisory) and administration skills (including computer skills; MS Office, Pragma/Asset management system).
- Good knowledge of MHSA & applicable Labour legislation (BCEA, LRA)
- Financial/numerical acumen & presentation skills
- High level of energy and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Olivia Trollope at email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com or www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.