Exploration Manager (Copperbelt / Early Stage / Geology) – DRC
Our client is currently seeking an Exploration Manager with extensive field experience in early stage exploration and previous experience working on the Copperbelt (Copper / Gold).
- Providing leadership in maintaining a safe and harmonious work environment for employees and contractors.
- Managing all aspects of identifying mineral targets/business opportunities and follow-up exploration programs, with an initial focus on copper
- Mentoring and training national personnel in all aspects of target generation and regional exploration, and recognizing/supporting their development in areas that they excel
- Interaction with all stakeholders
- Focus on safety in relation to all aspects of exploration work, equipment and facilities
- Assist in establishing protocols and procedures for the effective and efficient running of field camps
- Develop work programs and budgets and procedures for administering/monitoring the timely, focused and effective progress of both.
- Assess exploration progress on regular basis and manage the preparation and review of programs.
- Utilize available regional datasets, satellite imagery, documentation and undertake reconnaissance visits
- Undertake technical due diligence on projects on offer
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Geology or Mineral Science
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in the DRC or Zambia
- Expertise in early stage exploration
- Familiarity with industry norm software