Let's find out where you can grow your career
Exploration Manager ( Expat / Geology / Drilling / Surface / Underground / Gold / Nickel / Coal ) - East Africa
129 15 02 MNW
February 15, 2022
Our client, an established player in the mining industry, is looking for an experienced Exploration Manager to join their team in East Africa. The incumbent will be tasked with driving the entire exploration programme across the country, dealing with both greenfield and brownfield projects in a multi-commodity environment. The successful incumbent will be a key driver in identifieng and assessing new investment opportunities within various regions and commodities.
- Planning and managing all aspects of mine site, early-stage and advanced-stage exploration including near Mine and project generation programs.
- Helping define and direct the Company’s exploration strategy within country and identifying and evaluating new projects ( metallic and non metallic minerals) for potential acquisition, exploration and resource appraisal
- Preparing and presenting annual exploration program and budgets.
- Planning and implementing drilling programs that are consistent with the Company’s objectives and appropriate to the exploration target.
- Monitoring and reviewing ongoing exploration programs to ensure that objectives are met and programs are proceeding on time and on budget, and communicating any significant deviations to corporate management.
- Managing and supervising the activities of geologists, Geophysicists, Geochemists, surveyors and drill crew ( Exploration team) in the exploration wing, including assigning job responsibilities, assessing and providing feedback on work performance, and setting and evaluating individual performance objectives.
- Advancing the utilization of digital systems such as cloud-based modeling platforms “subject to the companies standard- work under progress (e.g. Oasis Montaj; Leapfrog / Sequent Central), GIS (ArcGIS) “and data management systems to facilitate collaboration with in the country exploration team and other functional groups within the Company. Introducing and implementing new open resources that support and advance exploration activities is a plus.
- Preparing regular scheduled reports on exploration activities, including weekly and quarterly program summaries and monthly budget and Health & Safety updates.
- Providing technical training opportunities to the Company’s exploration staff and facilitating professional development activities.
- Leading the Health & Safety function within the exploration department, including ensuring that practices meet Corporate and local standards, organizing and chairing regular exploration t sessions/meetings, facilitating training workshops with the Company’s regional Health & Safety manager.
- Collaborating regularly with geology teams and other technical staff at the Company’s operations and development projects to facilitate exchange of information and improve the understanding of the geologic framework, ore controls, metallurgical characteristics and targeting criteria for the region.
- Participating in the selection process for external contractors employed by the exploration department and monitoring contractors’ activities to ensure adherence to corporate standards and contract terms.
- Monitoring and reporting on regulatory policy changes or other external factors that impact on exploration and mining activities in country, including competitor activity.
- Communicating with external stakeholders relevant to exploration activities in the region, including local communities and government agencies (Ministry of Mines license and administration, Regional Mining bureaus, Environment Protection authority) department).
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- At least 10 years of international experience in the mining industry, including positions involving management of geological personnel and contractors.
- Knowledge of exploration in a broad spectrum of gold and polymetallic, industrial minerals VMS and Skarn deposit styles would be desirable.
- Experience in mine-site exploration and an understanding of resource estimation workflows and techniques.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in geology /Geochemistry /Geophysics or a closely-related field.
- Operational knowledge of software platforms applicable to modern exploration (GIS, and geological modeling programs and database).
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expat package
- FIFO roster
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant