Reference No. DSS01-ZJ
Reference Number: DSS01 – ZJ
Our client is seeking a dedicated Explosives Coordinator to ensure our company's adherence to the Mine Health and Safety with a focus on explosives management. This role plays a crucial part in maintaining the safety and security of explosives, promoting compliance with relevant permits and licenses, and providing training and guidance to personnel handling explosives.
- Ensuring that all original permits, licenses, plans, registers, records, statistics, returns, and related documents are kept as legally prescribed.
- Signing all applications for permits, licenses, and related correspondence.
- Ensuring personal knowledge of the act and regulations and keeping an updated version on hand all the time for quick reference.
- Ensure correct and sage transport, storage, handling, and destruction of explosives.
- Taking necessary actions to mitigate significant safety and security risks related to explosives.
- Maintaining a comprehensive management file containing copies of all relevant permits, licenses, and authorizations for audit purposes.
- Providing adequate training to all personnel involved in explosive handling and maintaining training records.
- Authorizing and signing applications for permits, licenses, and related correspondence.
- Initiating and managing the process of obtaining and updating licenses with CIE.
- Keeping up-to-date personal knowledge of the relevant act and regulations for quick reference.
- Facilitating effective technical training and coaching to overcome identified obstacles in explosives management and control.
- Ensuring the safe and proper transport, storage, handling, and disposal of explosives.
- Managing performance in alignment with established targets and competencies.
- Operating within budget constraints and minimizing resource wastage.
- Controlling the efficient utilization of allocated resources.
- Acknowledging and adhering to company policies, procedures, and applicable legislation.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in Explosive Management and Control for an Underground Mine.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent.
- Magazine Master Certificate is mandatory.
- Commercial Explosives System (CES).
- Explosives or Blasting Technology Certificate is mandatory.
- Explosive Control Course certificate.
- Registered with the CIE.
- Experience in Policy Clearance Certificates.
- Developing & drafting policies, SOPs, and COPs.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive annual package
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Opportunity to join a global mining company.
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.