Reference No. CEBLR19
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
About FEDA: The Fund for Export Development in Africa (“FEDA”) is the impact investment subsidiary of Afreximbank set up to provide equity, quasi-equity, and debt capital to finance the multi-billion-dollar funding gap (particularly in equity) needed to transform the trade sector in Africa.
Reference Number: CEBLR19
As an Assistant Investment Manager at FEDA, your primary focus will be the AfCFTA Adjustment Fund. The AfCFTA Adjustment Fund is an ambitious initiative that seeks to bolster Intra-African trade following the adoption of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement by African Union member states. The fund's strategy is devised to support lending opportunities for projects that either currently influence, or aim to impact, Intra-African trade directly.
Within the Adjustment Fund are three distinctive funds:
- Base Fund: structured to receive contributions of State Parties, grants, technical assistance, and other contributions from donors; the Fund will be used essentially to address tariff revenue loss and support State Parties to implement the various Protocols and Annexes under the AfCFTA.
- General Fund: structured to mobilize and disburse concessional funds to eligible public sector, public-private partnerships and large-scale private sector projects/transactions that are targeted at supporting the growth in trade resulting from the AfCFTA Agreement.
- Credit Fund: structured to mobilize and disburse commercial funding to eligible private sector projects/transactions to enable private sector players to capitalize on the opportunities that will arise from the implementation of the AfCFTA.
As an Assistant Investment Manager, your pivotal role will be focused on the Credit Fund and the General Fund, ensuring their strategies align with the broader objectives of the AfCFTA and tapping into potential opportunities within the private and public sectors.
- Assist the investment team throughout each stage of the investment cycle, including origination, potential investment evaluation, attending investment committees, preparing Board or internal presentations, managing credit portfolio, and participating in fundraising initiatives.
- Operational Support and Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including FEDA’ shared services providers (legal, finance, operations, and strategy etc.) to assist in the preparation of operational and administrative documentation pertaining to the AfCFTA Fund.
- Credit Analysis & Reporting
- Conduct credit analysis, assess creditworthiness, and structure financing solutions tailored to the needs of borrowers.
- Develop financial models to simulate various economic scenarios and predict future financial health of the projects/the transactions.
- Prepare detailed reports based on both qualitative and quantitative findings.
- Risk Assessment
- Identify and assess the risks associated with lending to businesses, projects and sectors.
- Make recommendations about risk mitigation, suggesting terms of credit or potential deal structures.
- Develop and implement investment strategies aligned with our risk-return objectives and market conditions.
- Due Diligence Support
- Assist in the due diligence process for potential investments, gathering relevant financial and operational data.
- Coordinate with external parties, such as auditors or industry experts, as part of the due diligence process.
- Portfolio Monitoring
- Closely monitor and manage a portfolio of credit investments and report on the financial health of portfolio companies.
- Implement effective risk management strategies and identify potential risks, credit breaches or notable changes in a company's financial status within the portfolio.
- Market & Industry Analysis
- Stay abreast of macroeconomic conditions, industry trends, and regulatory changes across Africa that might impact the credit landscape.
- Compare and analyse financial health within industries or sectors to benchmark and contextualize the performance of potential clients.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier institution in finance, economics, or a related field with a strong academic performance.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in private credit or credit analysis roles at top-tier financial institutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial metrics, advanced credit analysis techniques, and risk assessment methodologies.
- Proficient in financial modeling, Excel, and other relevant analytical tools.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, with the ability to analyze and interpret complex financial data.
- Deep-rooted familiarity with Africa's economic dynamics, its credit landscape, and emerging market nuances.
- An unwavering commitment to professional development, continuous learning, and staying abreast of global financial trends.
- Advanced Analytical Capabilities: Ability to dissect complex financial information, identify key trends and insights, and draw logical conclusions.
- Financial Modeling: Mastery in developing and analyzing financial models for both prospective investment analyses and potential risk forecasting.
- Research and Due Diligence: Skilled in conducting comprehensive research, analyzing market trends, and performing due diligence on potential investments.
- Attention to Detail: Strong focus on accuracy and precision ensuring every financial insight, report, and model stands up to the highest level of scrutiny.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with the ability to effectively articulate investment recommendations and complex financial concepts. Fluency in French is a distinct advantage.
- Adaptability: Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities effectively with strong work ethic.
- Teamwork: Collaborative mindset, excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively within a team and across departments.
- Willing and able to relocate to Rwanda.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Caleb Ebrahim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.