Reference No. SFBLR34
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
About FEDA: The Fund for Export Development in Africa (“FEDA”) is the impact investment subsidiary of Afreximbank set up to provide equity, quasi-equity, and debt capital to finance the multi-billion-dollar funding gap (particularly in equity) needed to transform the trade sector in Africa.
Reference Number: SFBLR34
As a Senior Investment Manager at FEDA, you will play a strategic role with a prime focus on the AfCFTA Adjustment Fund. The AfCFTA Adjustment Fund is an ambitious initiative that seeks to bolster Intra-African trade following the adoption of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement by African Union member states. The fund's strategy is devised to support lending opportunities for projects that either currently influence, or aim to impact, Intra-African trade directly.
Within the Adjustment Fund are three distinctive funds:
- Base Fund: structured to receive contributions of State Parties, grants, technical assistance, and other contributions from donors; the Fund will be used essentially to address tariff revenue loss and support State Parties to implement the various Protocols and Annexes under the AfCFTA.
- General Fund: structured to mobilize and disburse concessional funds to eligible public sector, public-private partnerships and large-scale private sector projects/transactions that are targeted at supporting the growth in trade resulting from the AfCFTA Agreement.
- Credit Fund: structured to mobilize and disburse commercial funding to eligible private sector projects / transactions to enable private sector players to capitalize on the opportunities that will arise from the implementation of the AfCFTA.
As the Senior Investment Manage, your leadership will be paramount, primarily honing the strategies of both the Credit Fund and the General Fund. Your expertise will ensure alignment with the overarching objectives of the AfCFTA, identifying and pursuing opportunities across the private and public sectors.
- Lead the investment team throughout each stage of the investment cycle, including origination, potential investment evaluation, preparing investment committees, preparing Board or internal presentations, managing credit portfolio, and participating in fundraising initiatives.
Operational Support and Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Engage with cross-functional teams, including FEDA’ shared services providers (legal, finance, operations, and strategy etc.) to lead the development of both operational and administrative documentation pertinent to the AfCFTA Fund.
- Credit Analysis & Reporting
- Lead creditworthiness assessments and shape bespoke financing solutions.
- Develop sophisticated financial models to envisage economic scenarios and gauge the financial trajectories of projects / transactions.
- Deliver comprehensive reports, synthesizing both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Identify and assess the risks associated with lending to businesses, projects, and sectors.
- Make recommendations about risk mitigation, suggesting terms of credit or potential deal structures.
- Formulate and oversee strategies aligned with our risk-return objectives in light of current market conditions.
Due Diligence Support
- Lead the due diligence process, collating crucial financial and operational data.
- Synchronize efforts with external stakeholders like auditors or industry specialist.
- Strategically oversee the credit investment portfolio, ensuring optimal performance and reduced risks.
- Devise effective risk management strategies, pinpointing potential risks and flagging any significant shifts in a company's financial landscape.
Market & Industry Analysis
- Maintain a sharp awareness of macroeconomic factors, industry shifts, and legislative changes across Africa that could recalibrate the credit landscape.
- Conduct comparative financial health analyses across sectors, providing benchmarking insights.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A Master's degree or equivalent from a top-tier institution in accounting, finance, economics, or a related domain with strong performance.
- A track record of at least 8-10 years in senior roles within in private credit or credit analysis at premier financial institutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial metrics, advanced credit analysis techniques, and risk assessment methodologies.
- Proficient in financial modeling, Excel, and other relevant analytical tools.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, with the ability to analyze and interpret complex financial data.
- An in-depth understanding of Africa's economic landscape, credit scenarios, and emerging market intricacies.
- An unwavering commitment to professional development, continuous learning, and staying abreast of global financial trends.
- Strategic Analytical Capabilities: Profound ability to decipher complex financial landscapes, formulate strategies, and influence investment decisions.
- Financial Modeling: Unparalleled skill in designing and interpreting intricate financial models.
- Research and Due Diligence Leadership: Mastery in steering exhaustive research endeavors, evaluating market dynamics, and leading comprehensive due diligence.
- Precision and Vision: Commitment to accuracy, complemented by a foresight that anticipates financial trends and challenges.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with the ability to effectively articulate investment recommendations and complex financial concepts as well as drive alignment across cross-functional teams. Fluency in French is a distinct advantage.
- Adaptability: Proficiency in directing multiple strategic priorities in a dynamic environment, showcasing resilience, innovation, and agility
- Teamwork: A leader by nature, fostering collaboration, inspiring innovation, and driving collective success.
- Willing and able to relocate to Rwanda.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Recruitment Manager | Africa & Global
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.