Let's find out where you can grow your career
Finance Controller ( Accounting / Reporting / Risk / CA / CIMA / Electrical Engineering ) – Modderfontein, South Africa.
150 26 08 MNW
August 26, 2021
Reference Number: 150 26 08 MNW
Our client, a large global technology leader, is seeking an experienced Business Controller to take part in a Power Grids business where they will be responsible for acting as a business partner to the relevant business manager and HUB controller. They will lead local controlling teams to optimize financial performance within the operating unit and support effective business decisions by monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting financial data to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solutions.
- Contributing to the definition of the strategy for the business unit. Serving as the key partner for the OU manager and HUB controller for strategy for area of responsibility, aligning with wider strategy, implementing, and adjusting in implementation as needed. Maintaining constant contact with relevant other managers and Controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook.
- Translating strategy into business plans and establishes measurable targets. Overseeing the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serves as the interface to HUB / Country. Evaluating financial implications of various strategic decisions, builds scenarios and recommends actions.
- Monitoring progress achieved and providing insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Identifying issuing, advising management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve. Driving appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency. Managing and closely monitoring the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital.
- Identifying and communicating commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions. Executing risk review procedures and processes in line with BU / HUB policies and standards to minimize commercial and financial risks and exposure.
- Establishing and overseeing processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensuring high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
- Ensuring transparency in financial reporting and disclosures by defining and implementing internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensuring compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines. Supporting internal and external audits.
- Ensuring timely and efficient communication with relevant Controllers, Accounting Center, and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
- Ensuring with HR Manager support, that the area of responsibility is organized, staffed, skilled and directed by guiding, motivating, and developing direct / indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Living company core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Chartered accountant or equivalent qualification required.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant work experience needed.
- Strong experience within similar industry desired.
- Experience in managing team of young professionals.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Position.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.