Reference No. SFCE01
Reference Number: SFCE01
A client of ours in the travel space is looking for a Finance & Admin manager to manage all financial and administrative activities in the country in accordance with the corporate Financial & HR policies of the company and local legislation.
The candidate will provide critical financial appraisals and inputs with respect to the country so that:
- Country management can take decisions with full knowledge and awareness of financial implications and
- HO/Regional Office (RFO) can exercise effective financial control over country activities
- Ensure timely and accurate recording, preparation, and submission of periodic financial reports/returns/summaries etc. to enable the station transactions to be systematically recorded in the Company’s main accounting and reporting systems at HO/ RFO.
- Proactively seek areas of improvement either in processes or technology which not only benefit the local station but positively impact the entire network.
- Ensure information is sent timely to RFO so that amounts due to Company’s creditors are correctly recorded and paid as per payment terms.
- Ensure that credit control functions are effectively carried out.
- Manage Company debtors by continuously and proactively analyzing, identifying, and covering credit risk so that revenues are maximized without jeopardizing Company receivables.
- The analysis would also cover the risk being taken by the GSA/PSA.
- Ensure timely follow up and recovery of all debts including under collections so that all dues are recovered within the credit period allowed by the Company.
- Represent EK in local IATA/APJC/ LCAG meetings ensuring the interests of EK are safeguarded in the decision-making process.
- Keep local credit risk policy updated with significant events.
- Ensure compliance in all areas such as local taxes (VAT, GST, WHT, Payroll and Ticketing tax) as well as other local requirements (registration and reporting to local government bodies).
- Manage working capital in accordance with policy ensuring timely repatriations where relevant.
- Assist Country Manager/ VP in providing information for budgeting and budgetary controls to enable him to exercise effective control over his departmental budgets.
- Implement adequate controls on Company assets (including verification, insurance, custodianship, authorized utilization, and proper maintenance) to ensure that they are safeguarded.
- Submit special reports/recommendations to HO on significant developments affecting the Company’s financials so that necessary steps can be taken in co-ordination with the HO for proper handling of such developments.
- Manage the administrative function of the station, providing Finance leadership and guidance and develop finance awareness amongst the non-finance business units through regular meetings so that the Line Managers take financially sound and cost effective decisions.
- Act as Finance Business Advisor to Country Manager and other department heads by ensuring appropriate financial input is provided for key decisions.
- Provide leadership to the finance team in the country through proactive interaction, regular meetings and appropriate performance reviews and feedback that improve overall Finance performance.
- Proactively manage staff if applicable by providing regular feedback, holding regular meetings, and spending quality time in conducting a meaningful interim and annual review.
- Degree from a recognized institution or a professional accounting qualification to the standard of Chartered Accountant, CPA or similar preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, of which 2-3 years must be in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of rules and procedures under the local laws to take care of statutory requirements, as necessary.
- Proven experience in working in a large multinational and dealing with stakeholders from different countries and cultures.
- Ability to function independently within an established framework and to be practical and innovative.
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels and functions of an organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of airline accounting procedures and familiarity with IATA regulations regarding Passenger/Cargo/Excess Baggage sales is advantageous.
- Other languages besides French & English: As per country requirements.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Caleb Ebrahim at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.