Website CA Global Africa Recruitment
Date Created: 2018-12-07T07:57:19+00:00
Reference Number: TYD
Reference Number: TYD71218
An international non-profit health organization is requesting the assistance of a Finance Officer for a two-month contract, with potential of the contracts being extended for a further period depending on operational requirements.
The Finance Officer will liaise with the company’s Baltimore office and other stakeholders in the South Africa’s country program. S/he ensures that daily operations are maintained in an efficient and effective manner. The Finance Officer works closely with the company’s South African Finance Manager to coordinate implementation of uniform and financial procedures.
- Assist and contribute to the implementation of financial policies and procedures in the office, and updating of policies and procedures where necessary
- Support and contribute to the implementation of systems and procedures to ensure adequate internal controls
- Reviews and prepares monthly financial analysis and budget versus expense reports to determine reasonableness of variances and take appropriate actions as required
- Process requisitions, payments, receipts and other necessary accounting activities ensuring timeliness and proper charge codes; verify documentation for all program disbursements and review numerical accuracy and ensuring proper authorization before making payment
- Ensuring submission of monthly financial reporting (QuickBooks) and bank reconciliations and its timely submission to company’s head office including preparing month-end journal vouchers as required
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date inventory records and ensures inventory reconciliations are performed as required
- Review financial transactions to ensure availability of funds and expenses are allowable and reasonable
- Preparation of expenditure analysis report & ensure that the expenditure falls within the budget & work plans
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BA in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Five years’ experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development, and forecasting
- Knowledge of US government cost principles
- Knowledge in the use of financial software applications, databases, spreadsheets, and/or word processing required
- Familiarity with NGO and donor supported projects
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.