Financial Controller (CA / Mining / SAP / Supervisory / IFRS / Group Reporting) - Namibia
Our client is seeking a Financial Controller with a CA qualification and experience with IFRS and Group Reporting to join their team in Namibia.
- Prepare and maintain financial accounting records for the company’s cash flow.
- Ensure statutory requirements and IFRS standards are adhered to.
- Preparing and analysing financial accounting reports.
- Continuous improvement initiatives around control policies and procedures.
- Ensure fraud prevention and financial risk mitigation measures are put in place.
- Debtors management.
- Monthly financial accounting and reporting activities including general ledger, final trial balance and month end processing.
- Preparing and submitting tax calculations and VAT returns.
- Fixed asset management (registration and depreciation).
- Providing mentoring and training to subordinates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA).
- Valid driver’s licence.
- 10 years’ experience as a Financial Controller with at least 3 years at Supervisory level.
- 5 years’ experience in the mining industry.
- Well-versed in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Group Reporting, VAT and tax.
- SAP knowledge.
- This role is only open to Namibian citizens currently residing in Namibia.
- Fixed term contract.
- Residentially based – relocation required.