Let's find out where you can grow your career
Fitter Heavy-Duty (Underground Mining / Maintenance / Mobile Equipment / Services / Expat) – West Africa
BP 134 RR
Western Africa#Southern Africa#Oceanic and Pacific Rim
August 4, 2021
Our client, one of the world’s leading hard rock, mining services companies, is seeking a hands-on Artisan with a depth of knowledge and experience in the day-today mechanical maintenance and reporting of underground mining equipment for established mine sites across Western Africa. As an appointed HD (Heavy-Duty) Fitter, you will be a vital part of the team and ensures the reliability and availability of important modern mining equipment.
- Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance of equipment
- Ensure to increase machine / equipment availability
- Ensure to decrease equipment downtime
- Fault find and troubleshoot on the underground mining equipment
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of hydraulic components
- Must always set high standards and always do processes the right way no matter the difficulty of task.
- Expected to present yourself and, by association, the company in a respectful and considerate manner that is aligned to company principles.
- Will be required to impart knowledge and skill onto local workforce that has a positive effect on local communities.
- Engage in cultural awareness activities and training to help with your interactions with local employees and communities.
- Must be patient, understanding and behave as an appreciative guest in the country you are engaged for.
- Must be resilient and able to work through challenging situations.
- Performing the regular inspection of underground vehicles and machines, ensuring their adequate maintaining and repairing them when necessary.
- Ensuring the future safety of equipment by conducting diagnostic testing and malfunctioning or faulty systems to identify the cause of these complications.
- Adhere to all worksite and company health and safety rules and regulations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a high-speed development mechanized mine
- Strong maintenance and repair background on underground mining equipment
- Mechanical Trade Certificate or equivalent
- Ability to operate all types of hand tools
- Good understanding of maintenance procedures
- Proven history as an expatriate in Africa
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive monthly package
- Favorable rotation schedule
- Expatriate Position
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.