Reference No. SFBLR19
Reference Number: SFBLR19
A well-known client of ours in the Banking Sector is seeking to hire a Civil Engineer to join their team and the position holder will be responsible for evaluating and supervising the implementation of infrastructure and social sector projects. The holder will be the Expert in Basic Infrastructure and Social Sector for West and Central Africa and will report to the Head of the Basic Infrastructure and Social Sector Unit.
- Contribute to research and study of opportunities related to the social sector and infrastructure development projects in the region.
- Study, within a work team, applications for funding for social and infrastructure projects.
- Coordinate and communicate with relevant countries in the region and other parties involved in the funding, to complete the data needed for the project before starting its evaluation.
- Work with the members of the professional team to prepare the evaluation report and the report of the Director General to approve the financing of the infrastructure project and the social sector, negotiate with the beneficiary country, prepare the amendments to the loan agreement and ensure the finalization of the conditions of allocation and publication in coordination with the Department of Legal Affairs.
- Supervise the implementation of the projects entrusted to it in the infrastructure and social sector at all stages of the project cycle, from the financing agreement to the preparation of the final report according to the cahiers des charges and endowments.
- Review all documents related to the implementation of the project, including those of tenders concerning study and consulting services, as well as those of tenders for contractors and suppliers, withdrawal requests, progress reports, etc.
- Monitor the progress of the execution of infrastructure projects and the financial follow-up of all related contracts, and do everything necessary in this context, including site visits and interviews with persons involved in the execution, control and supervision.
- Prepare letters and reports to governments and organizations in West and Central Africa regarding the monitoring of project implementation.
- Examine and study any problems encountered in the implementation of infrastructure and social sector projects and make appropriate recommendations to resolve them.
- Work with team members to review loan disbursement requests from a technical, legal and financial perspective.
- Work with team members to complete project files that specifically include correspondence and legal and technical documents and archive them for reference when needed.
- Participate in the preparation of reports on the current status of projects under evaluation and implementation.
- Develop and organize monitoring registers and schedules from the infrastructure Programme and the social sector.
- Assist in the preparation of disbursement forecasts related to ongoing social sector and infrastructure operations.
- Collaborate with the Teams of work to evaluate impact of enforcement and ensure What the results and Objectives expected from projects infrastructure Have been reached.
- Assist in the preparation of the content of the General Annual Report and the Annual and Five-Year Plans of the Bank as directed by the Head of Unit.
- Prepare the required periodic and annual reports according to the instructions of the Head of Unit.
- Constantly ensure the quality of work for all activities related to his tasks.
- Comply with the laws, regulations and instructions in force and respect the rules and working methods adopted by the Bank.
- Perform other related tasks according to the instructions of the direct superior.
- Hold a university degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
- Having a professional degree in the field of management, project evaluation or economic feasibility, or its equivalent, is advantageous.
- Similar experience of at least 5 years, preferably at least two years in similar international institutions.
- Fluency in Arabic, English and French is essential.
- Comply with professional ethics and confidentiality, as well as applicable regulations.
- Can work and lead in a multicultural environment.
- Be able to work under pressure with minimal supervision and attention to detail.
- Have a sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Have a good ability to organize, coordinate, monitor and work in a team.
- Have communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have creative thinking and an ability to adapt to changes.
- Have capacities of self-motivation, initiative and professionalism in performance with continuous learning and personal development.
- Have a strong personality and distinction in communication.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.