General Manager Africa (P&L / Mechanized Drilling / Regional Strategy / Mining / Africa)
82 2302 RR
Reference Number: 82 2302 RR
The purpose of this role is to translate, effectively implement and execute the company Regional Strategy into an Entity Strategy. This role is accountable and responsible for leading and managing the strategic alignment and direction of the entity and its management team, assuming control of the planning, operations, maintenance, and support functions required to achieve the business results that contribute to the overall group strategic objectives. The GM is responsible for the profitability and sustainability of an Entity and manage all internal and external controllable risks, opportunities, and threats. As a business leader the GM must also build a culture of ownership and commitment among his/her staff
- Ensure business objectives, plans, actions, and initiatives are aligned and with Regional Strategy and rolled out within the Entity.
- Develop business development plan with key targets for the specific region.
- Analyze the external, internal & competitor environments and define entity strategic objectives and key results.
- Lead and direct actions required to achieve entity objectives and key results.
- Measure and track progress of entity objectives and key results against targets.
- Identify and action potential strategic opportunities for additional value propositions and income streams.
- Critically analyze information, challenges, and trends to establish and implement fact-based solutions that are innovative to improve Entity processes in order to achieve key strategic objectives.
- Ensure the quality and safety of operations in all functional areas within an entity and identify and direct improvement initiatives.
- Identify entity compliance & operational risks and ensure that effective responses are implemented
- Direct and control the submission of technical and commercial proposals for key contracts.
- Write and submit operational reports to the COO.
- Monitor financial performance indicators of the entity and implement performance improvement interventions when required.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of statutory and management financial reporting for an entity.
- Develop an entity business plan and an annual budget based on the entity strategy.
- Track and approve operational expenditure.
- Develop and ensure the health of vendor & partnership relationships.
- Responsible for client satisfaction by ensuring clearly defining service level agreements are in place with clients, and that tracking of performance measures is conducted.
- Manage the relationship and services received from shared services departments by ensuring that service level agreements (SLAs) are adhered to.
- Develop and ensure the health of all client relationships and support the Commercial Manager during negotiation of commercial terms of contracts.
- Ensure effective communication lines and plans are designed to address the specific needs of stakeholders.
- Drive appropriate service delivery considering political, cultural, and service challenges and policies.
- Focusing on continuous learning, planning and development of appropriate skills to drive and achieve business goals, and the holistic management of talent.
- Identify and leverage key resources and skills within the entity to optimize productivity.
- Develop technology & digital skills within the entity.
- Perform Visible Felt Leadership by living and demonstrating the company values
- Partake in the selection, development, and motivation of the Management team to contribute effectively and efficiently to the achievement of MD’s objectives.
- Ensure resource availability by maintaining an external talent pool which supports the achievement of a high-performance entity.
- Manage Team performance by setting and monitoring performance standards and taking action to correct deviations to achieve the entity objectives.
- Proactively anticipate future Management team requirements by identifying training and development needs and establishing a sound succession plan.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelors or similar in Mechanical Engineering
- Post Graduate Finance / Commercial Degree / Diploma
- Master’s in business administration
- Track record of leading an organization to financial success.
- 5-10 years’ experience in the mining or energy sectors.
- 5-10 years’ experience managing a team at senior management level.
- This role requires a significant amount of international travel within the region and across entities.
Skills and Expertise
- Mechanized drilling
- Contract management and negotiation
- Business administration and development
- Predictive maintenance
- Automated surveying (matching resources and equipment)
- Data Analytics (Excel / Power BI/ etc.)
- Operations monitoring and analysis (Short interval control)
- Adaptive mine / site planning
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Leadership opportunity
- Competitive annual package
- Extensive international travel
Please visit for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.