Reference No. 233 07 RR
Our client, an international mining house, is seeking a Mining General Manager who will effectively manage Company risk, safely & profitably at contracted sites in accordance with contractual obligations, legal requirements, financial resources, equipment, systems & people and to ensure sustainability & growth through excellent client relations. The incumbent will confer with management, production and marketing staff to determine mining feasibility, cost effectiveness and customer demands for new and existing projects. The ideal incumbent will have experience in contract management within the mining industry.
- Manage mining contracts profitably
- Meet planned/budgeted margins
- Effectively manage the contract programme
- Meet production profiles
- Ensure timeous payments of certificates
- Effectively manage claims
- Manage and maintain stable client relationships
- Professional promotion of the company brand
- Actively promoting the company core values and guidelines for success
- Actively supporting strategic objectives
- Budget Control
- Performance Management
- Team Building
- Zero fatalities
- Personal Safety Plan (PSP)
- Safety management
- Quality of physical conditions
- Implementation of licence to operate
- Build and lead successful teams.
- Achieve targets in a dynamic and competitive business environment.
- Successfully manage a diverse group of employees.
- Reporting Structure: Superior – Operations Executive, Direct Reports: Site/Contract and Project Managers
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mining Engineering Degree or equivalent
- A Postgraduate or higher qualification in Business / Finance / Economics would be advantageous
- Mine manager Certificate and/or Government Certificate of Competence
- 10 years at Senior Level, within the mining sector
- Certificate in Contract Management would be advantageous
- Proven experience in Underground mining contracts and services
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
- Residential or Expatriate Option
- Globally competitive package
- Opportunity to Join a Leadership Team
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.