Reference No. 257 10 RR
General Manager ( Mining / Open-Pit / Production / Project / Expatriate / Gold ) – West Africa
Reference Number: 257 10 RR
Our client, an international mining service provider, is seeking a General Manager, who will set strategic direction of the company division, to participate in managing delivery and performance (safety, profit and turnover) of key mining projects across West Africa. This role reports into the Mining Director.
- Create an empowered and challenging team culture that delivers outstanding performance in all aspects to achieve a successful business performance.
- Responsible for the health and safety of employees and self through education, training and demonstration of the right behaviours.
- Ensure mining works are conducted in accordance with Business unit Plan (BUP).
- Ensure the setting of realistic programmes at BUP and planning stages.
- Ensure site programmes meet budget targets and contract requirements in accordance with Business Plan.
- Review the effectiveness of the weekly and the monthly plan on a daily basis with the mining team (in‐house and with the client).
- Attend all required meetings and ensure that daily targets are provided to the operations teams.
- Provide necessary instructions and guidance to the HOD’s.
- Be actively involved into the project budget costs and target.
- Ensure required interaction between each department.
- Manage stock level in order to ensure that stock items are ready available when requirement and that stock level remains on target.
- Provide Finance Department with the required information related to costs and budget.
- Propose actions to fix deviations to Budget.
- Analyse Life Of Mine planning when required.
- Reports non‐conformities and follow up on corrective and preventive actions.
- Actively participate to internal or external audits, to process reviews and management meetings.
- Review the preparation of the monthly operations report.
- Ensure subcontractor performance is monitored and meets required performance standards.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, statutory obligations and company policy.
- Establish regular formal and informal contact with client so that client needs can be understood and managed to ensure satisfaction with delivered product under the contractual terms.
- Manage claims situations so client relationship is preserved.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar position in an Open pit environment (preferably gold)
- Degree in Mining engineering, Civil or Earth Sciences
- Master’s in mining engineering, or an MBA would be desirable
- Relevant Mining or Quarry Managers certification.
- Strong knowledge of drilling, explosives and blasting techniques
- Strong Knowledge in Earthworks, Heavy Mining Equipment and Trucks & Shovels Mining operations
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT, Access, Outlook), Surpac (equivalent), Autocad
- Significant experience in the financial aspects of mining such as cost control, budgeting and return on investment
- Previous Africa Expatriate experience is essential
- Relationships: All Internal Heads of Department, Client Mining Manager, Client Mining Department, Client Geology Manager & Supervisors, Client Process Plant Manager
- Headcount and reports: Four (4) directly and >600 Indirectly
- Project: Operation running 24/7. Working Long hours. Remote location
- Mining Environment: Gold and Open Pit
- Key Performance Expectations (Some not limited to);
- LTI FR <1
- Production L&H > Budget
- Production Drilling > Budget
- Productivity of Production Excavators > 90% Budget
- Productivity of Production Drill Rigs > 90% Budget
- Monthly Certificate for Invoice on Time: 100%
- Turnover >100% Budget
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO rotation 8/3
- Competitive USD Net package
- Opportunity to join a regional leadership team
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.