Reference No. TDDS
General Manager: Training and Development (Agriculture / FMCG / Training / Development) – Nigeria
Reference Number: TDDS
A large international agriculture company is seeking to employ a General Manager of Training and Development to manage the training team of staff and volunteers. The main purpose of this position is to consolidate the overall training strategy of the company and all its divisions, support the Transformation Manager, HR and Business Leaders in implementing learning and development activities and maximize the skills development score in the organization.
- Deliver, through appropriate plans and in accordance with agreed policies and procedures, the vision, mission, and objectives of the organisation.
- Ensure that the Training department is well administered and meets its responsibilities to stakeholders
- Enhance the organisation’s impact and profile through Training Service provision.
- Work with the CEO to ensure the organisation follows its Strategic Plan, which guides the organisation to achieving its long-term objectives and to meeting the needs of stakeholders.
- Lead the delivery of the Strategic Plan in relation to Training and to ensure GCS maintains high and professional standards of training.
- Ensure that GCS remains responsive to the needs of all our stakeholders, including accrediting bodies, public sector commissioners, other funders, as well as our own trainees, staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that the organisation can demonstrate the value of the services provided and the impact of its work in Training.
- Have responsibility for monitoring and planning to ensure that income is maintained, and expenditure is controlled in line with budgets and that potential risks are identified and managed, in consultation with the Head of Finance and SLT.
- Working to and achieving cohort targets in line with the business plan and budget.
- Define and secure the resources (human, material and financial) needed to operate training services effectively.
- Work with the CEO and SLT to review regularly and mitigate any risks to the organisation (including financial).
- Stay abreast of the challenges faced by the statutory, voluntary and community sector in relation to training needs both at local and national level and share key developments.
- A relevant tertiary degree
- 10 + years in training and developing staff
- Demonstrated ability to have impact on business results
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Banking and Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.