Let's find out where you can grow your career
Group Chief Technology Officer (Fintech/ IT Tools / Cyber Security) – Johannesburg, South Africa
Our client a Microfinance organization is currently looking to recruit a Group Chief Technology Officer to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa working in Africa, reporting to the Managing Director. The role operates at an executive level and is responsible for developing and governing the information technology and data strategy in order to drive intelligent business decisions and build scalable systems to support rapid growth aligned to strategic objectives of the business. The role also oversees the optimisation of current systems and critical business processes while also being accountable for the implementation of new technologies that meet business requirements, delivered on time and in budget.
- Energetic, smart and resourceful individual with proven track record in fintech, data management, information technology systems and tools, a strong background in IT, mathematics, engineering, analytics, and/or business leadership is advantageous
- Idea is to challenge the status quo in finding the balance between new and well-established existing technology, leapfrogging or not, meeting the needs of younger vs older customers in our countries of South Africa, Kenya, Ghana and Zambia, easy to use solutions vs cyber security needs and considerations regarding protection of customer data
- The person must be able to research and construct a business case/strategy to effectively target the correct solutions for our chosen customer segments, push customer adoption, measure and improve engagement and support the right recruitment in our countries to deliver on our goals
- Critical is to design and source fit for purpose technology solutions including all partners, suppliers, development teams, data strategies and their effective integrations to deliver on the groups’ strategy and key product, channel and innovation deliverables.
- The person may have to build, motivate and manage a technical team if the strategy dictates and experience in delivery of mobile apps, machine learning enhancements, full web onboarding, API integrations, customer self-service tools, USSD, e-commerce solutions highly advantageous
- Must be a natural problem solver and be able to work in ambiguous environment of Africa
- In Africa, change and driving new ideas are often difficult with staff, agents/brokers, customers and suppliers. This person has to be able to think out the box and take people along with him/her.
- This person has to be creative but also structured in their approach to problem solving, change management and project management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Financial services industry experience is preferable
- Must be knowledgeable on and take a keen interest in consumer engagement trends, technology trends, cyber security trends, related regulations, adoption behaviors and measurement frameworks / tools
- Relevant education and training is a must (information technology, programming, computer science, data science as examples)
- JHB based but Africa travel is required