Let's find out where you can grow your career
Group / Global Manager: Mine Geology (Mining / Modeling / M&A / Exploration) – Australia, SA, USA
Southern Africa#South America
April 22, 2022
Reference Number: 324 VG
Our client, a leading international mining house, is seeking a Global Manager for their Mine Geology department. The chosen incumbent will be responsible for managing the provisions of Mine Geology and Processes including Operations, projects and Joint Ventures in Central Africa, West Africa, South America, North America, and the Pacific.
- Modelling behaviour that is consistent with the company’s Safety Vision and Values, assisting in driving a culture where Safety is our first value, and providing support for incident/accident investigations where required.
- Manage the provision of support, governance, analysis, and policy for Geology which includes:
- Establishing, maintaining, and supporting appropriate Policy and Standards with subsequent monitoring and reporting of compliance to those standards.
- Support the development, enhancing and supporting of designated fit-for-purpose related business systems (eg: reconciliation, sampling and E4V).
- Actively following the implicit Mine Geology tools and techniques to improve methodologies.
- Provide expert Mine Geology advice and input to the Business Units and other functions.
- Deliver direct technical input, support and expertise to M&A due diligence activities and project stage gate reviews.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external providers of discipline related research programs.
- High level support to the Mineral Resource and Ore Reserves process.
- Managing the Exploring for Value (E4V) process within all Operations and review the development of mine site exploration plans to ensure alignment to the business strategy and goals.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant tertiary degree, preferably in a mining related discipline.
- Post graduate qualification would be beneficial.
- 15 years’ operational and exploration experience within the mining industry with 5 years’ experience within a head of department role.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Global senior management position with a competitive package
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.