Let's find out where you can grow your career
Group Manager: Human Resources ( Mining / HR / Training & Development / Diversity) – Gauteng, South Africa
March 22, 2022
Reference Number: 891VG
Our client is an international mining house who is seeking a Group Manager: Human Resource, who will lead and guide effective decision making on all people related issues, inclusive of employee relations, performance management process, organizational design and optimization, and support the long-term strategic business goals through these activities.
The ideal incumbent will have extensive experience with human resource management in the mining industry. He / She will be responsible for HR related matters for SA, DRC, UK and Canada.
- Organizational Design and effectiveness
- Employee Relations
- Talent Management
- Managing HR Risks- Ensure all compliance related HR work streams are completed with accuracy and efficiency to minimize risk exposure and help achieve business objectives.
- Partner with executive management, department heads and the legal team to manage, respond to and minimize legal matters.
- Training and Development
- Renumeration and Reward (Design compensation and benefits packages)
- Performance Management- Develop, implement, and routinely assess People metrics and analytics to optimize engagement, productivity, performance, and overall employee satisfaction.
- Employee wellbeing
- Focus on improvement of HR Technology
- Provide recommendations on the latest Human Capital trends, such as engagement, employee experience and culture, as well as the latest HR innovations and technologies, make recommendations and lead implementation thereof.
- Champion diversity and inclusion in all areas of the employee experience.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to improve the employee experience and enhance the culture and work environment of the company’s rapidly expanding organization.
- Direct, organize, plan and oversee the implementation of strategic initiatives related to employee engagement and retention.
- Lead collection of data and provide monthly reporting on business insights that will drive continuous improvement in the HR organization and across the company.
- Oversee the documentation of departmental processes and procedures for compliance purposes with a focus on standardization across geographies where possible and practical.
- Lead review and audit processes throughout the employee lifecycle, including compliance, performance management, onboarding, offboarding, leave management, compensation, and benefits administration.
- Grow, develop and align your team to scale along with the business.
- Direct people relations by ensuring coordination and engagement of HR teams in handling grievances, misconduct and incapacity by, following fair and consistent processes in compliance with local and international labour laws.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 15 years working experience in a similar role (5 years of which must be in a senior management role).
- Honours Degree in HR
- Experience in a mining environment
- Knowledge of the DRC and SA labour law
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.