Group Tax Manager (Africa Region / Mining / CA / CIMA / SAIT / SAIPA) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference No. 374-0604LH
Reference Number: 374-0604LH
Our client is seeking a Group Tax Manager with experience overseeing tax activities for the Africa Region in the mining sector, to join their team in Gauteng.
- Developing and implementing the annual group tax and tax risk management strategy.
- Responsible for tax advisory, accounting, forecasts, compliance and risk management to ensure group compliance with legislation and stakeholder requirements.
- Developing a legal structure to ensure optimal asset management, acquisition, operation and disposal.
- Management of tax calculations, filing, forecasts and lodgments.
- Management of tax reviews, disputes and audits.
- Risk mitigation to reduce exposure while ensuring compliance is maintained.
- External financial tax reporting including the disclosure of tax expense, assets and liabilities recorded on the balance sheet.
- Stakeholder management to ensure positive relationships are maintained with tax authorities, consultants and auditors.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Tax, Accounting, Commerce or Finance.
- Higher Diploma or Post Graduate qualification in Taxation.
- CA, CIMA or equivalent accounting qualification / designation.
- CPA designation preferred.
- SAIPA or SAIT membership essential.
- 10 years’ experience in senior tax management roles within the mining sector, with 5 years at group level across multiple African countries.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Financial acumen and budgeting experience.
- This role is only open to South African citizens currently residing in and around Gauteng.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to email@example.com.
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.