Reference No. JABLR-HCR-001
Reference Number: JABLR-HCR-001
Our banking client is currently recruiting a Head of Credit Risk, to be based in Khartoum, Sudan. The incumbent will be responsible for leading the credit risk assessment and related due diligence work for new transactions in the private sector, whether these transactions are in the form of loans or contributions, to assess areas where risks may be encountered, recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures, and structure operations, including pricing and guarantees, the financial commitments and other terms and conditions supplementing the credit operations and any other procedures or conditions for completing the operations.
- Contribute to the design of policies, procedures, and framework for credit risk management and supervise the implementation of the established framework and ensuring the effectiveness of the controls set.
- Supervise and evaluate the main risks of any transaction, including those of the guarantor, commercial risks related to the activity of the financier, and other risks of structuring the project in any proposed financing operations.
- Supervise and ensure the quality of assumptions based on due diligence when preparing technical, commercial, legal, regulatory, financial, institutional, governance, management, guarantees, credit and capacity considerations.
- Supervise and provide advice and recommendations to project evaluation teams to take appropriate measures to mitigate risks, in the area of structural problems of the deal, in determining the pricing, terms and conditions and financial commitments, throughout all stages of the approval process for granting loans.
- Supervise and provide all credit notes for all types of private sector operations and at the various stages of concept review and transaction review.
- Ensure appropriate pricing for private sector transactions based on the quality of risks, portfolio impact capital requirements, and market considerations. Ensure that any transaction aligns with portfolio management objectives with regard to exposure limits, diversification and/or concentration considerations.
- Review and approve the risk rating of borrowers.
- Manage the credit administration function by ensuring that limits, documentation and securities are in place by disbursals
- Lead, manage and coach the Credit Risk team.
- Provide assistance to credit committee meetings.
- Oversee and ensure adherence to portfolio monitoring objectives taking into account exposure limits, diversity and/or policy guidelines.
- Supervise and evaluate the evaluation methodologies and exit strategies presented within the contributions proposals.
- Submit periodic reports to the Director of Risk Management related to the unit's activities, the identified risks, and the action plan to reduce them and follow up on points of non-compliance with the limits.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration; professional certificates in finance or risk management is an advantage.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant professional experience, preferably 2-3 years of experience with an international bank, a rating agency, or a multilateral or bilateral regional development institution, in the field of risk management, deal creation or assessment of contributions.
- Dealing with Financial Institutions, Project Finance, Corporate Finance, Structured Financing, and similar and derived experience related to banking is very welcome.
- Fluency in the Arabic in addition to English. French is an added advantage.
- High ability to use computers and related software.
- Maintain integrity, confidentiality, professionalism, and the ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Administrative and leadership skills.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Integrity and reliability.
- Time and performance management skills.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Jamie Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.