Reference No. JASR-HeadDO- Language-agnostic
Reference Number: SR-HeadSE- Language-agnostic
Our client within the Fintech Sector is currently recruiting a Head of Dev-Ops – Language-agnostic to join their growing team to support Africa; This position is based in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa. As the Head of Dev-Ops you will have the opportunity to build and own core systems, key features and be part of a dynamic engineering culture. The Head of Dev-Ops will be responsible for directing the teams towards the development of the companies hub platform and its associated products. You will guide development teams through the programming, testing, and deployment of the platform. This will require working with and managing the workflow of software developers and being responsible for meeting timelines agreed upon with project owners. You will work closely with and report to the Deputy CTO, while also interfacing with stakeholders across the business.
The technology consists primarily of cloud-based web apps, hosted on scalable Linux infrastructure, and built on a number of tools including Java, Spring Core, Spring Boot, Hibernate, MySQL, AngularJS, to mention a few. In addition, they will be introducing DevOps tools and practices and further adopting microservices across our stack. Our client requires a strong lead to drive these initiatives and guide the teams working across server-side applications and databases, to backend and client facing web-services and APIs. The lead will also actively participate in infrastructure decisions, application architecture and scaling discussions, with our architecture and system administration teams.
- Provide leadership, management, and technical vision for the respective software development department.
- Meet strategic objectives as set by the CTO
- Lead a cross functional team of offshore developers in support of new products and integration projects.
- Direct and manage software engineering resource allocation, schedules and budget.
- Drive high performance and output in the team through training, mentoring, coaching and performance reviews.
- Prepare and present reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software projects, as well as team performance.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Support the development of CI / CD Pipelines and DevOps practices
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Align all application development & development process to ISO-27001 and CMMI-Level 3 Standards
- Oversee & sign-off live release deployments, ensuring high quality.
- Maintain and foster relationships between business users and key stakeholders.
- Assist removing technical obstacles, help enhance team processes, handle resource issues, and interact with varied members to ensure sprint iteration and product release successful delivery.
- Java (JEE)
- Spring Framework
- REST/SOAP Webservices
- Relational databases (e.g., mySQL, PostgreSQL)
- DevOps tools (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Python experience is a bonus
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors (BSc) in Electrical, Telecommunications and/or Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years as an advanced programmer or equivalent experience in required technologies
- 4+ years in a leadership role
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at email@example.com Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.